• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Our prospects for next season?

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐🦐
Remember a mate saying to me after our lasr game of last season in April that he wasn't confident that KM could get us promotion this season.I said "He'd better" What do you think?

I’m expecting us to continue to play good football, where we try to keep possession for periods in the game.

Despite all the good (read phenomenal Ed.) work lately behind the scenes we are behind in pre-season again, but no so behind as we were last year.

It’s going to be a tough league, but I don’t see a standout team like Chesterfield were last season.

My hope is with this squad and a few select quality editions we make the playoffs. Their attitude of the lads is superb, they have played a lot together now (rare in this league) and we have a first rate managerial team. I’d be disappointed if our points haul doesn’t match last seasons.

Kev still hasn’t had a proper pre-season. Not by a long way. Missed out on numerous targets, **** training conditions etc.

However with the first XI we have, Play-offs should be achieveable. If we can get a few more players in of good quality, then perhaps a push for the top 3.

There ate so many layers to this.
Firstly...have we ever truly been able to evaluate this squad and management teamon a normal basis.
Transfer embargo for 18 months, non payment for stretches, scrabbling g around to have one substitute. Pre season strike. Training facilities???? B&L wasn't fit for human occupancy at one point.
All the above gave birth to a legendary squad, the b@stard blues, literally galvanised by this adversity, showing such commitment to the shirt that I still wonder at it.
I'm this far in and haven't even mentioned the game of football.
Under those circumstances it's been phenomenal....nay miracles were performed right there week in week out in front of our eyes. We amassed enough points to finish sixth....with many games having 1 or 2 subs. We are set up to play a decent brand of football and have some good players.
Play offs???? I'd take that right now tbh. But EXPECTATIONS damned if I know, how will the football side of things react to normal situations...players signed, decent pre season etc etc. We KNOW the heart is there....

Despite everything, i think expectations will be through the roof this year. And kev knows that im sure. Hes a realist, all the feel good factor will dissapear if we play crap football and are in the bottom half. Its the fickle and shallow nature of football, to deny that is unrealistic. The players themselves will be expected to perform with none of the many many valid excuses they had last season.

Financially we need to be back in the EFL, anything less then the playoffs will be seen as a bad season, as unfair as that may seem.

I hope the wave of euphoria continues, with a bit of luck we'll ride it to promotion.

Back