• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Oldham Athletic 1-1 Southend Utd

2 pretty evenly matched teams - especially first half.

Oldham came at us 2nd half and that opened the game up (especially compared to first half).

They edged the game second half. Draw probably a fair result, but we're slightly happier with the point, if that makes sense.

Good away point. Dipped in the middle but strong in the end despite not having a recognised striker on.

Bim looked a bit on his heels, Moncur a class above, we remain hard to break down. Collin’s kicking was very poor.

They pressed very well in first half and made us resort to long kicks. I think our biggest challenge with playing out from
Back is midfielders who just play strat back to defence. Moncur the exception to this.

We need that 4th striker as don’t think Bim is the Cardwell replacement.

Shockingly bad commentators.

I honestly think a lot of fans have taken some heavy horse tranqualizers. The whole spine has been ripped out and we are playing against a team that have strength in depth. Kensdale, Miley and Cardwell all missing and people are asking why we aren't doing certain things. Unbelievable.

People moaning why he took Pepple off, really?! He has hardly played and we have 1 striker at the club! We also have 2 games next week. Was Kev really going to run him into the ground and get him injured?

We battled amazingly well, showing the spirit of last season. Most teams in this league would be happy with a point at Boundary Park with their best 11, let alone a depleted squad and rock bottom morale. Today's result will lift them massively. Fans really need to start looking at the positives rather than easily targeting the negatives. Utb!

Decent point. Not sure why Kev is copping so much abuse? Threadbare squad and one striker who is clearly short of match fitness as he was cramping up after 60 mins. Granted he could have brought Wood on for Pepple but it looked like the idea behind bring KAF on was to get him on the ball and running at them. It’s just a shame we didn’t get the ball to him.

Judging by the pre match poll, most of you expected a draw and a lot of you expected defeat, so chalk it up as a decent point and move on!

A really good result for us. Some strong performances - Moncur, Crowther, Ralph, Collin. I thought Pepple had a quiet game, some poor ball control and lack of awarenes but it's early days to judge him. Appiah-Forson looked good.

357 travelling fans was impressive.

Last edited:
I've got to check myself before criticising players, because this is the National League.
But for me, it wasn't so much we lacked strikers: it was more we lacked quality.
There were plenty of positives, and I'm not sure where we'd be without Taylor, Crowther, Ralph, GSM, and the marvellous Moncur.
But the new boys? Is that what the budget's come to? OK, if we have to, but I can't see what either brings.
If Pepple is fit, then so am I - and I give him five decades! He lumbers rather than runs, and I suspect by his body language he's been doing so for some time.
Surely, Collin can be coached to hit the ball with less woomph? I lost count of the times it was straight out of play or down the middle.
But this is a side missing four big players, not to mention the departed Harry and the unmentionable Kensdale. So, a point is half decent.

We have had some tough away fixtures and this was certainly an easy game to lose on paper

For periods we played some controlled neat football and looked in control , football is a fine line game and although i understand Kevs reasons for the change it came at a time when it was in the balance and unfortunately it swung into Oldhams favour

just love watching Moncur , he just floats with the ball , always makes the right pass and is looking fitter
Husin had a good game and Taylor was his usual solid self

I think we take the positives and move on to some more favourable / winnable fixtures and start to move up the table

Back