• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lincoln v Southend 29th April 2000. A 1-0 loss, but worth watching for Scott Houghton throwing a wobbler, Lol, when denied a cert penalty.

Last edited:
Southend v Gillingham. 8th September 2007. Very good goals from Bailey and McCormack, and then a great goal from Leon Clarke, one of the best loan signings we ever had. Sorry about the quality, out of my control, but still well worth watching.

Last edited:
If anybody was watching About Anglia at 6pm.tonight there was some limited footage showing Southend v Colchester at Layer Road on the 4th.May 1963 a game we lost 3-1. This was my first ever away game. Still painful even now after over 50 years.

My first one was at Colchester in 1968 (i think), when we lost 4-0!. Even more painful!. Only things i remember was that the attendance was over 10,000, our regular full backs, Tony Bentley & Graham Birks were out injured, and at half time our massive support left their end and walked around the pitch to the open end!.

My first one was at Colchester in 1968 (i think), when we lost 4-0!. Even more painful!. Only things i remember was that the attendance was over 10,000, our regular full backs, Tony Bentley & Graham Birks were out injured, and at half time our massive support left their end and walked around the pitch to the open end!.
remember it well,although it was not my first away game(notts co,may68),Everytime i have ever been to Colchester,we took the place over

If anybody was watching About Anglia at 6pm.tonight there was some limited footage showing Southend v Colchester at Layer Road on the 4th.May 1963 a game we lost 3-1. This was my first ever away game. Still painful even now after over 50 years.

Sadly did not see it Nobbler(in Germany!!),but do love the old blues clips from 60s 70s ..Still trying to get the video.dvd of some old Southend games.They use to sell some on anglia tv "site"...but were very expensive..but now cannot find that "side-site" anymore

Anyone on here know where I can get a vhs video transferred to dvd? Have the Stanley goals on video. Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

Millwall 1-1 Southend United 16-08-2008
Red Rum scores. A very likeable lad, but never really happened for him at Southend.

Last edited:
24th March 2008 at Swindon Town.
Luckily Paynter had one of those days against us. Cox also playing for Swindon. Big following as usual.

Last edited:
Just stumbled on this thread.

Hats off to everyone .. Some great memories, there.

Monday 9th April 2007 at Preston.
Terrible quality as it's taken from the tele, but worth watching as 3 great goals gave us a chance of avoiding relegation. Sadly we lost the last 4 games after that. Little wonder with a strikeforce of Bradbury and Foran later that season.

Last edited:
Back