• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New York

Churasscaria Tribeca - Brazillian Steakhouse. Truely one of the finest meals I have ever had. Extra strong cocktails, good chilean wine, decent salad/starter bar but undoubtedly the highlight was the 15 different types of meats on offer the best being the suckling pig and skirt steak. Tip - Don't eat too much at the salad bar it would just be a waste of space.

What sort of price were we looking at? Only got two and a half days in New York but would like to squeeze in at least one nice restaurant.

Considering getting a 'New York Pass' for my week's stay next month. Will be wanting to do.....MoMA, Guggenheim, Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, etc etc..........anyone got any views?

Considering getting a 'New York Pass' for my week's stay next month. Will be wanting to do.....MoMA, Guggenheim, Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, etc etc..........anyone got any views?

Get out to the real places, Yoggles, not the tourist adventure. Coney Island, Harlem,* Park Slope (home of Paul Auster) ... and Bedford-Stuyvesant, if you want a taste of Spike Lee's 'Do The Right Thing' and the epicentre of Robert Kennedy's 'New Politics' experiment back when he was Senator of NY from '64-'68. Who wants to do what everyone does ? Booooooooooooooring! :)

ps oh yeah ... Rocky Sullivan's Bar in Gramercy. Great for Guinness but best pretend you're from a Celtic state like Cornwall. Didn't realise until reading the Joe Strummer bio that this was a favourite haunt of The Clash circa '81 when they were doing all those shows at Bonds.

*think I mentioned particular places earlier in this thread eg The Apollo.

Last edited:
What sort of price were we looking at? Only got two and a half days in New York but would like to squeeze in at least one nice restaurant.

Check out the website for the different packages. basically you decide what you want, pay the one lump sum and eat as much as you want. My company paid so have no idea which one we did but the booze flowed and the meat was fantastic. There is another of these places in mid-town which might be closer for you.

To dig this up - how long do you think me & the missus will need in NYC? Looking at hiring a car (driving through Manhattan!) up to Niagra and back via some places inbetween.

To dig this up - how long do you think me & the missus will need in NYC? Looking at hiring a car (driving through Manhattan!) up to Niagra and back via some places inbetween.

i am going in may for seven nights. im pretty sure niagra is about a 5 hour drive.

400 odd miles mate. Thought I'd space it out and stop off along the way. Did this in the West Coast and found some lovely places, especially up near Seattle and Oregon.

virgin do some pretty good multi stop trips that take in new york and up to 2 other locations. defo worth a look. 2 weeks would be a holiday to remember i reckon.

About a day to drive through Manhatten.

I have been wanting to do something similar and including a Buffalo Bills home game.

Problem is the season doesnt start till September and its starting to get chilly which is not much good for the missus.

Honeymoon booked! 6 days in NYC, 4 days Boston, 2 days Niagara and a few days of driving. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo :)

We're off to NYC in March. Any hotel recommendations (noted Beefy's). Looking for cheap and central location. 3/4 star.

Cheers Matt (and benji for your pm). Been suffering from a virus for the last week so struggling a bit!

Cheers

Well looking at about £100 a night. Which seems to get you a few options

Other option is to rent somewhere off of Manhattan. Chances are you will eat out most of the time so you only need a base. We once rented an apartment in Queens, about 7 or 8 mins into Manhattan on the subway.

Also, get a day public transport ticket. We jumped on a bus not knowing where it was going and went off Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge and round to Staten Island where we got on the free Ferry which goes past the statue of Liberty and back into Manhattan. Very nice little trip.

Back