• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

anyone know why we're looking to build on land right up against the memorial ground and cemetery rather than the land behind Waitrose?
seems to me that behind Waitrose is nothing surrounded by nothing which would make like a lot easier for everyone.

am i missing something?

anyone know why we're looking to build on land right up against the memorial ground and cemetery rather than the land behind Waitrose?
seems to me that behind Waitrose is nothing surrounded by nothing which would make like a lot easier for everyone.

am i missing something?

The land behind Waitrose is actually now a public nature park I believe. There is a large sign up saying as much just after the B and Q roundabout, did a litter clear up there with a Princes Trust group when it was first opened a couple of years ago.

am i missing something?

The land behind Waitrose is actually now a public nature park I believe. There is a large sign up saying as much just after the B and Q roundabout, did a litter clear up there with a Princes Trust group when it was first opened a couple of years ago.

Yep that area behind Waitrose is a Scheduled Ancient Monument:-

• Prittlewell Camp

At the rear of the Waitrose supermarket in Eastern Avenue, this is a late Bronze Age or early Iron Age (8th to 5th century BC) circular univallate hill fort with extensive views across the Roach valley. This type of hill fort is rare and surviving examples are of national importance. The purpose of this particular example is not yet known. But there is likely to be good evidence surviving below ground

It would be swamped.

The plans for Fossetts were at the shop for a long while after the first announcement, Im sure they will be on display for some time anyway.

The whole idea is that it is swamped. Surely people that sit in the West for instance would go a bit earlier anyway, so that they can travel round to the other side of the ground prior to kick off. Also, if we have it before a home game and many supporters come to look at the exhibition first, the club could sell more teas, coffees, burgers etc.

Not sure about this, either ? "There will be both professional personnel, coordinating the application, and members of the Clubs Commercial Team to discuss the plans and answer questions". There is only one person that can answer the questions and he should be there.

A few days later and still feeling a lot of optimism about the plans. I know we've heard it all before, but the British Land thing for me at least gives me a brief glimmer of hope that this could come true.

Just a few thoughts.

As a season card holder I am keen for the club to move to a bigger and better stadium, but can't help feel these plans are asking too much from Southend Council in terms of planning permission. Most clubs move stadiums by building the new stadium out of the proceeds of their old site in town to a greenfield site out of town. The planning permission for a new stadium is usually granted on the basis that it is supporting the community which can offset the loss of greenbelt. Most stadiums are lucky to get any further planning for shops, pubs, hotel etc. Here the plans include a huge cinema and retail complex, restaurants, hotel, soccer domes, accommodation and three huge tower blocks for retail units.

Of course British Land are interested in getting involved if this size of development is allowed as the financial gain for the planning permission is huge and runs into the tens of millions. Despite the massive profit from these plans and the redevelopment of RH there is still talk of only the first phase of the stadium being built.

I think Southend Council need to get tough and tell Ron that all the stadium has to be built all at once and that the ownership of the stadium should be given to Southend Council with the club being allowed to pay a peppercorn rent on a very long lease. Then they can be sure that SUFC will survive and prosper in a good sized modern stadium. With regard to the planning on FF and RH they just need to hammer out enough profit for Ron to make this happen.

Just a few thoughts.

As a season card holder I am keen for the club to move to a bigger and better stadium, but can't help feel these plans are asking too much from Southend Council in terms of planning permission. Most clubs move stadiums by building the new stadium out of the proceeds of their old site in town to a greenfield site out of town. The planning permission for a new stadium is usually granted on the basis that it is supporting the community which can offset the loss of greenbelt. Most stadiums are lucky to get any further planning for shops, pubs, hotel etc. Here the plans include a huge cinema and retail complex, restaurants, hotel, soccer domes, accommodation and three huge tower blocks for retail units.

Of course British Land are interested in getting involved if this size of development is allowed as the financial gain for the planning permission is huge and runs into the tens of millions. Despite the massive profit from these plans and the redevelopment of RH there is still talk of only the first phase of the stadium being built.

I think Southend Council need to get tough and tell Ron that all the stadium has to be built all at once and that the ownership of the stadium should be given to Southend Council with the club being allowed to pay a peppercorn rent on a very long lease. Then they can be sure that SUFC will survive and prosper in a good sized modern stadium. With regard to the planning on FF and RH they just need to hammer out enough profit for Ron to make this happen.

I like the sound of that. Might need a bit of tweaking here and there, but seems to have more chance of being approved

A reminder to those intending to go to that place over the other side of the Thames on Saturday 24th, with the expensive away tickets in one of the worst away ends about, that the exhibition will be open from 10 a.m. to allow people to view before heading off.

A reminder to those intending to go to that place over the other side of the Thames on Saturday 24th, with the expensive away tickets in one of the worst away ends about, that the exhibition will be open from 10 a.m. to allow people to view before heading off.

Aren't the tickets £15 this time.

Gillingham have probably the cheapest Adult away tickets in League 1 this season, mind you I agree with the worst away end bit, its even worse than our away end.

I for one will not be attending.

Heard enough hot air to inflate a round the world balloon on this subject.

If it gets built as promised, fantastic. But I certainly will not be making a **** of myself marching on Southend and Rochford Council again...

I for one will not be attending.

Heard enough hot air to inflate a round the world balloon on this subject.

If it gets built as promised, fantastic. But I certainly will not be making a **** of myself marching on Southend and Rochford Council again...

I don't think anyone is asking us to do this as yet, Smiffy. I think it's a shame you're not intending to go. After your previous high profile involvement with the Club, I would have hoped you still felt enough for it to be drawn along to look.

I don't think anyone is asking us to do this as yet, Smiffy. I think it's a shame you're not intending to go. After your previous high profile involvement with the Club, I would have hoped you still felt enough for it to be drawn along to look.

You can't blame the man. How anyone can buy into this garbage after the previous ten years of *****, I don't know. Ron has turned many of us into a pessimist on the matter.

I agree though, if it happens I'll be over the moon. Not something I'll really take seriously though until work begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't blame the man. How anyone can buy into this garbage after the previous ten years of *****, I don't know. Ron has turned many of us into a pessimist on the matter.

I agree though, if it happens I'll be over the moon. Not something I'll really take seriously though until work begins.

My thoughts entirely.

Back