• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The new ground was going to be in a bowl to minimize the noise to the cemetery .......anything on the new plans?

Still is a bowl, do you mean submerged?

I dont really think it would make a huge difference anyway, its right next door, the crowd will be heard either way. Its only for a few hours a month so I cant imagine it would matter, they dont have services when there are games.

Is anyone else concerned that we have only been shown aerial plans of the new stadium?

I am worried this development just be a painting of a stadium on some tarmac and as such be totally unsuitable for league football.

Who cares? It'll look great on Google Earth.

Still is a bowl, do you mean submerged?

I dont really think it would make a huge difference anyway, its right next door, the crowd will be heard either way. Its only for a few hours a month so I cant imagine it would matter, they dont have services when there are games.

Maybe there aren't services BUT people do visit their friend's and relatives' graves and memorials; and that is very often at weekends. I am not thinking of it as "stopper" to the development, but that it is something which needs to be treated with respect, consideration and care.

[/B]
Maybe there aren't services BUT people do visit their friend's and relatives' graves and memorials; and that is very often at weekends. I am not thinking of it as "stopper" to the development, but that it is something which needs to be treated with respect, consideration and care.

This was all brought up and subsequently passed ok with the enquiry. Many football grounds are close to a cemetery. A friend of mine who's family are all shrimpers was recently looking for somewhere nice to go after their dads funeral. The new ground could offer the only option locally for such an occasion.

[/B]

That was all discussed around the time of the original planning permission. I would imagine that whatever discussions took place then are still valid.

This was all brought up and subsequently passed ok with the enquiry. Many football grounds are close to a cemetery. A friend of mine who's family are all shrimpers was recently looking for somewhere nice to go after their dads funeral. The new ground could offer the only option locally for such an occasion.

Fair points, and as I posted NOT a "stopper" to the build, especially if it has been recognised that these considerations do MATTER.
My brother-in-law, a long time ST holder died not many years ago and his wake was at the main bar at Roots Hall - which incidentally was very well run, and attended by several on here: however a new, modern facility so close by would have been very fitting/welcome too.

Indeed. That's why we are definitely not back to 'square one'

I said we were back to square one in terms of the process. In that respect we still have to go through the whole process again, even if the process might be a bit smoother this time.

Aren't we away to Gillingham that Saturday ? If so, it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to supporters that work during the week and support our heroes home and away.

Aren't we away to Gillingham that Saturday ? If so, it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to supporters that work during the week and support our heroes home and away.

Christ, the club can't win can they???? OK, make it Thursday and Friday - 'that's a kick in the teeth for those that work Monday to Friday', let's make it Saturday and Sunday - 'that's a kick in the teeth for those that go to church on a Sunday'.

Christ, the club can't win can they???? OK, make it Thursday and Friday - 'that's a kick in the teeth for those that work Monday to Friday', let's make it Saturday and Sunday - 'that's a kick in the teeth for those that go to church on a Sunday'.

No-ones having a go at the club, they're just voicing frustration that they can't attend. However, if the club wanted to be fan friendly they could easily make one session of an evening.

Yorkshire Blue said:
Didn't Stadium MK get the most mentions in that thread about worst away days ever?

Just remember neighbouring Garon's Park gets loads of complaints about how cold it is in summer....
No, it was the old Hockey Stadium

Back