• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question McCormack and Laurent

always said barney needs to be threaded through with the killer ball, its no use booting it up to him as he will never score.

As we witnessed yesterday. Unfortunately Barny is too lightweight up against big powerfull Centre forwards, who will bully him all day long. The jury's still out on O'Donovan, but he looks similar to Barny. If Tilly plans on using these two, then creativity from the midfield is imperative. No two ways about it.

I wish tilly had the balls to drop macca for his awful performance yesterday but i doubt he will.

The game needed someone in the middle to take control, but so often this season macca just wasnt interested.

Anyone else think that £200k would have been good business?

4 centre mids in the midfield, 2 of whom do no want to be playing out wide.
Only one player in the team capable of consistently putting decent balls into the box.

Those are the 2 biggest problems in my view. Moose could be playing those threaded through balls to the strikers but is stuck out wide. I wouldve quite happily taken the £200k for Macca and spent it on 2 decent wingers and moved Moose inside with either Grant or Jeff as holding midfielder.

I wish tilly had the balls to drop macca for his awful performance yesterday but i doubt he will.

The game needed someone in the middle to take control, but so often this season macca just wasnt interested.

Tilly has never been scared to drop players he thinks aren't performing and I don't understand why some of our "supporters" haven't spotted this.

Back to the original comment...

Macca should not be bollocking our own players during a game. Everyone misses chances, he should be handing out well done's to Dougie for a great pass, Sawyer for the firm pass to Dougie (intentional??) and to Laurent for finding the space and angle.
Players won't perform if teamates are handing out bollockings on the pitch.

I'm glad that Barrett has the armband and not Macca. Saying that i like Macca and he's a tough little competitor but sometimes he gets above his station.
He wouldn't like it if Laurent blasted him for his wayward passing.
Takes me back to Bailey giving Macca a bollocking!

If you watch him though Sean, as I inevitably do ;) then you'd see he's also encouraging, directing and instructing as well. He's a Capricorn, like me, we don't do nicey, nicey "if you don't mind awfully do you think you could..." instructions, it's "oi, get your arse over there!"

If you watch him though Sean, as I inevitably do ;) then you'd see he's also encouraging, directing and instructing as well. He's a Capricorn, like me, we don't do nicey, nicey "if you don't mind awfully do you think you could..." instructions, it's "oi, get your arse over there!"

I'd have given the little paddy a pasting in training if he spoke to me like that in front of thousands of fans. It's all about confidence and you get that by people encouraging. We have a small squad, we don't need a big gob upsetting players that we struggle to replace. It doesn't matter Kay that he does the encouraging and directing as well, there's no need to hand out bollockings.

You don't see Tilly doing it. Never in public.

Not a defence Sean, it's all about positivity and that goes about him too. When the crowd is as unenthusiastic as it was yesterday then it affects everyone.

4 centre mids in the midfield, 2 of whom do no want to be playing out wide.
Only one player in the team capable of consistently putting decent balls into the box.

Those are the 2 biggest problems in my view. Moose could be playing those threaded through balls to the strikers but is stuck out wide. I wouldve quite happily taken the £200k for Macca and spent it on 2 decent wingers and moved Moose inside with either Grant or Jeff as holding midfielder.

Stop talking so much sense. I have to keep agreeing with you. ;)

As for the original subject of this thread, Laurent does seem to get picked on by certain members of the team. I'm sorry, but if that was Barney that missed that chance at the end there is no chance in hell that McCormack would've shown such a petulant attitude to him. I think it said a lot that the East stand rippled with applause, after McCormack had thrown his toys out, as Laurent walked back, as if to say ignore him, you did the right thing.

It's all about personalities though isn't it? These are two of my faves, even saw Franny after the game yesterday, everyone is different.

Plus these nicknames are confusing!

I'd guess that there's a strong negative correlation between Macca rants at teammates and Maccas personal performances. He takes his frustration out on others

Yes, I would've taken it. Grant and JFC can do just as good jobs in the defensive midfielder role, then we can have Sawyer in the middle where he should be. Grant is a better tackler, JFC has more discipline and Moussa and Sawyer have far far more technical ability. All McCormack offers is passion and 'wearing his heart on his sleeve'. If he's going to have a go at Laurent he can bugger off.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back