• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

He really isn’t having much luck post Derby.

However, one swallow doesn’t make it summer. It takes time to allow a manager to build their team and their ethos. Look at Arteta, Arsenal fans were calling for him to be sacked early on and now he is the messiah because they gave him time.
It's not bad luck. A couple of his players have said great player, but useless manager. When he took over at Birmingham from John Eustace, the team was in 6th position in the Championship, and hard to beat. A player said he changed things from the off, as he wanted to impose his own style of play on the team. But the new tactics were not good, and definitely didn't suit the first team players there. Instead of swallowing his pride and going back to the John Eustace style and tactics that worked so well, he insisted on persevering, and they dropped like a bomb to 20th position.

The man is a joke .
He once wrote a trilogy of thrillers about a Football manager called Steve Barnes (former captain of "Mulcaster United") with classic dialogue such as this exchange with MI5 trying to recruit him:

“My country never wanted me.”
“What do you mean?”
“I was never capped.”
“Why was that?”
“There were better defenders than me, I suppose.”

Back