• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Macauley Bonne Signs

We are delighted to announce the arrival of prolific striker Macauley Bonne!

Bonne joins us on a one-year deal with a Club option and will wear the number nine shirt at Roots Hall.

Having been born in Ipswich, the forward was in the academies of Ipswich Town, Norwich City and Colchester United, signing his first professional contract at the U’s.

While at Colchester, Bonne would play with current Blues man George Moncur, before he joined Leyton Orient in 2017.

There, the striker enjoyed the most successful spell of his career. Between 2017/18 and 2018/19, he scored 45 goals in 90 appearances as Orient were promoted back to the EFL.

The season after, he netted at a ratio of one in three at Championship level for Charlton before doing similar for Ipswich in League One in 2021/22.

Last term Bonne spent time at both Gillingham and Cambridge, and the 28-year-old arrives in Essex fresh and ready for the challenge ahead!

He said: “I’m really happy to be here and crack on. I’ve been in today and trained with the boys and it’s a really good group, so I’m really happy.

“It’s been me my whole career, scoring goals. The last couple of years haven’t really gone to plan but I spoke with the manager and hopefully I can get back in the swing of things and back to scoring goals in a league I know really well.

“I’ve done my own training here and there where I can. I thought my fitness would be a lot worse off than where I was today, and if I can get 90 minutes or one minute, I’ll be grateful to be back playing.”
  • 0c612dd0-6ec6-11ef-b46a-8fb16435d42e.jpg
  • 85561a80-6ec5-11ef-b46a-8fb16435d42e.jpg
  • 0cc8a230-6ec6-11ef-b46a-8fb16435d42e.jpg
  • 0cebba90-6ec6-11ef-94d6-33dc151fb5c2.jpg
  • 0c612dd0-6ec6-11ef-b46a-8fb16435d42e.jpg
  • 85561a80-6ec5-11ef-b46a-8fb16435d42e.jpg
  • 0cc8a230-6ec6-11ef-b46a-8fb16435d42e.jpg
  • 0cebba90-6ec6-11ef-94d6-33dc151fb5c2.jpg

Head Coach Kevin Maher added: “[Macauley]’s got a proven record in the National League and has played higher up so we’re really pleased to have someone of his pedigree in.

“He’s at an age where he’s still got loads to offer the Club and the team. He’s not been playing but he’s kept himself in good shape, so we’ll look at how we get his football fitness up to speed.

“He’s still got the desire and the hunger to score goals and he wants to be part of something successful, and that’s the most important thing.”

Welcome to the Club, Macauley!

Bonne could make his debut tomorrow evening at home to Eastleigh.

Harry who? 😉
No, i really shouldn't say that.
Welcome Macauley, perhaps someone on the same wavelength as George.
When i read of all the possible signings being spoke about for us in terms of strikers, this one really does excite me. To get up you need a bit more quality upfront. Feel he's going to come good we'll see.

Very good.

And some more experience added from the higher leagues.

Has Bonne completed any pre-season training/match fit?

Liking the idea of the 4 forwards we now have. [smiley face]

I would like to see him tie his shoe laces properly ..... don't want him tripping up and getting injured ....

Just spoke to my son in law, big QPR fan. He said they had high hopes for Bonne but it didn’t quite work out for him in the Championship. He thought he would be amazing at right club and Bonne can’t suddenly have become bad, he reckons far too good for Non-League. A glowing report, hope he’s correct! Exciting signing.

Back