• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

M.K.Dons away-are you going?

I thought the work was meant to be finished by now?. Or are they keeping them there for a bit of revenue in the governments coffers?.

They're still there at the moment (well, they were yesterday) because they don't appear to have quite finished the roadworks yet - the works are scheduled to be finished in December but I'll bet they keep the cameras there over the christmas period, work finished or not.

Can you buy on the day? I should be there as I'm in Northampton over Christmas (irony of ironies as it means I'll miss the Cobblers game at Roots Hall on Boxing Day!) and obviously MK is a very short journey from there, assuming trains are running.

I'm getting my ticket tomorrow now they are on general sale and no mention of our 1500 allocation having already sold out. Do many fans plan to go or are you;
A, Saving your money for a great day out at chelsea
B, Entertaining or visiting family over christmas
C, Being dragged to southend or Lakeside by the other half so she can buy a new wardrobe of clothes?.

Only 1500? i thought we would get more then that,oh well another trip up the ticket office.

will be purchasing 5 tickets this morning. trying to introduce 2 new shrimpers who are going to their first game.

hope the atmosphere isn't as bad as a couple years ago in the hockey stadium.

Can you buy on the day? I should be there as I'm in Northampton over Christmas (irony of ironies as it means I'll miss the Cobblers game at Roots Hall on Boxing Day!) and obviously MK is a very short journey from there, assuming trains are running.

Kris,

Trains aren't running Rail replacement buses instead, have a look at the Away Travel forum, from Northampton shouldn't be a problem but will be slower.

DoDtS

I am very proud to say that MK Dons will be the first away game for my eight year old twin girls and I believe the second for my son whose 13. Tickets and travel are booked.
Also, I am taking my son & one of the twins to Chelsea too!
I can't afford it at this time of year so you won't see me much in 2009 as I will have to pay off their season cards and then do it all over again for the 2009/2010 season!

I'm getting my ticket tomorrow now they are on general sale and no mention of our 1500 allocation having already sold out. Do many fans plan to go or are you;
A, Saving your money for a great day out at chelsea
B, Entertaining or visiting family over christmas
C, Being dragged to southend or Lakeside by the other half so she can buy a new wardrobe of clothes?.

B. Some things you just have to do! Don't get me wrong I'll be at Hartlepool tonight.

I dont look on it that way harry, £16.60 is cheap at half the price to get away from the 'old woman' for a few hours. As long as tea is ready on the table for 7 p.m. there wont be any trouble.

It's all down to personal choice at the end of the day. I am taking the same stance as Canvey Shrimper in that I refuse to put my money in Winkleman's filthy pockets, but I don't look down at fans that are choosing to go and support their team up there because everyone has their own principles. At the end of the day it'll also mean the 92 club is out for me, but then I don't recognise them as a football club so it doesn't matter that much.

I shall be there, along with Dad of RC - He is being dusted down and brought out for his first away game this season - oddly enough, he jumped at the chance of getting out a house packed with kids and noise for a few hours!! :)

It's lucky we're playing it in December this year, as it should mean it will be warmer than the last time we were there - To be honest, it could be switched to Siberia, and still be warmer than the last time!

As for peoples stance re Franchise FC, it's interesting to see that some peoples feelings haven't wained regarding the situation - and I totally respect that principle. Personally, I just can't feel that strongly about it - I am sure I would if it was my club, and maybe that kind of apathy is typical of the society we live in, but I try to distinguish between supporting my football team and everything else that surrounds it - so I shall be there cheering on the boys to another glorious defeat, sorry, 3 points :)

As for peoples stance re Franchise FC, it's interesting to see that some peoples feelings haven't wained regarding the situation - and I totally respect that principle. Personally, I just can't feel that strongly about it - I am sure I would if it was my club, and maybe that kind of apathy is typical of the society we live in, but I try to distinguish between supporting my football team and everything else that surrounds it - so I shall be there cheering on the boys to another glorious defeat, sorry, 3 points :)

Pretty much sums up my own apathetic attitiude on this subject so I will be going to this one - bit of a drive down as no trains but hopefully roads will be quiet.

Kris,

Trains aren't running Rail replacement buses instead, have a look at the Away Travel forum, from Northampton shouldn't be a problem but will be slower.

DoDtS

Thanks for that. I did check the national rail site yesterday and wondered why 'trains' from Northampton were listed as taking 45 minutes to MK when they usually take about 25. That explains it. Better make sure I get an early bus as they only run once an hour. God I miss my driving licence.

I'm going with my 10 year old son and the Brother in law.
I couldn't give 2 hoots about them being franchise.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back