• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon Clarke and Rory Fallon

I still find it incredible that Clarke is only remembered for his shambolic performance against Doncaster rather than his superb goalscoring record during his loan spell. We are told that Luggy is an excellent man manager, let him prove it by bringing out the best in a player who should be way too good for this level.

IAgree with most of this but it seems like a few managers have tried and failed to sort his head out! I'm not sure Luggy needs another player on his hands who has issues at the moment, but would love to see a motivated Clarke here.

I still find it incredible that Clarke is only remembered for his shambolic performance against Doncaster rather than his superb goalscoring record during his loan spell. We are told that Luggy is an excellent man manager, let him prove it by bringing out the best in a player who should be way too good for this level.

Finally, some sense on this thread. Where have ya been, Rusty?!

Clarke could surely tear this league a new one if someone as wise and as sensitive as Luggy put an arm round his shoulders... I mean, seriously, imagine if our striking roster were Dickinson, Clarke, Harris and Corr?! That's Championship standard, never mind L2...

Di Canio is a passionate hot headed Italian yes but looking at this it appears it's Clarke that over reacted ?

[video=youtube;gh_oEJX9BHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh_oEJX9BHE[/video]

Far easier to get rid of a player than have to sack the manager and look like a total idiot for giving Di Canio the job in the first place. Clarke may be lazy but as far as I'm aware has never been in trouble for rows/violence before unlike a certain ex-wet spam ****.

Can't green you Rusty, I have to 'spread it around' first. 8 goals in 16 games and one bad showing.

Finally, some sense on this thread. Where have ya been, Rusty?!

Clarke could surely tear this league a new one if someone as wise and as sensitive as Luggy put an arm round his shoulders... I mean, seriously, imagine if our striking roster were Dickinson, Clarke, Harris and Corr?! That's Championship standard, never mind L2...

But Sturrock by his own admission recently is battling to get his point over to the players, really don't think it's a good idea. Looks to me like at last Clarke has met his match in a manager that won't put up with his lazy attitude.

Looks to me like at last Clarke has met his match in a manager that won't put up with his lazy attitude.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Di Canio clearly has issues of his own as to anger management - and while I don't think Clarke conducted himself well, Di Canio shouldn't have pretended to be buddies on the pitch.

Sound man management is knowing when to use the stick, but when also to when to put the arm around the shoulders (and indeed when to let something blow itself out, or at least be dealt with behind closed doors). Actually, SUFC have been pretty fortunate with man managers over the years - I reckon each of Webb, Fry, Tilly & Brush (as a duo; neither has got the full range on his own) and Sturrock are all pretty sound man managers, and it's why we've tended to thrive under each of those management regimes.

It's also why, ultimately, the whole Swindon / Di Canio thing is inevitably going to end in tears.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Di Canio clearly has issues of his own as to anger management - and while I don't think Clarke conducted himself well, Di Canio shouldn't have pretended to be buddies on the pitch.

Sound man management is knowing when to use the stick, but when also to when to put the arm around the shoulders (and indeed when to let something blow itself out, or at least be dealt with behind closed doors). Actually, SUFC have been pretty fortunate with man managers over the years - I reckon each of Webb, Fry, Tilly & Brush (as a duo; neither has got the full range on his own) and Sturrock are all pretty sound man managers, and it's why we've tended to thrive under each of those management regimes.

It's also why, ultimately, the whole Swindon / Di Canio thing is inevitably going to end in tears.

Totally agree, he won't last long but I stand by my view that the big difference between Di Canio and Clarke is that one is a passionate Italian that cares about winning and the other is a bit lazy and has failed to inspire any of his previous managers to try and develop him as a player and keep him at their clubs.

Not saying Di Canio was right to continue it in the tunnel but I think initially it was a case of him just trying to motivate the lazy git and it all got out of hand.

In the end Tilly (who was an excellent man manager as well) couldn't get shot of him quick enough though and it's a pattern that has been repeated time after time.

The fat lump is 26 and has had 10 clubs. He's never managed to play 46 league games (ie a season) for a team - the closest he's managed was 43 starts in 3 years at Sheff Wed. I don't think he's ever scored a dozen goals in a season let alone 20 and I don't think he's ever been promoted.

Whilst he scored 8 goals for us (which I think included at least one, maybe two penalties), he also picked up a ridiculous red card and displayed a shocking attitude in training in addition to that performance at Doncaster.

If he was a NFL player he'd be signed by the Bengals.

In the end Tilly (who was an excellent man manager as well) couldn't get shot of him quick enough though and it's a pattern that has been repeated time after time.

The fat lump is 26 and has had 10 clubs. He's never managed to play 46 league games (ie a season) for a team - the closest he's managed was 43 starts in 3 years at Sheff Wed. I don't think he's ever scored a dozen goals in a season let alone 20 and I don't think he's ever been promoted.

Whilst he scored 8 goals for us (which I think included at least one, maybe two penalties), he also picked up a ridiculous red card and displayed a shocking attitude in training in addition to that performance at Doncaster.

If he was a NFL player he'd be signed by the Bengals.

Perfect summary imo.

Still say a month's wages and performing to win a contract elsewhere would have him on his best behaviour, I say again, him and/or Fallon for a month would help us out tremendously. Remember him walking round the pitch at Alder****, I think after his red card, and taking a while to realise the applause from us away fans was actually for him.....the expression on his face as it dawned on him was well worth seeing and I think he would have some respect for the club, let alone Sturrock.

Doubt Fallon would take a one month deal - if we didn't keep him on he'd be unemployed until 1st January. He took that one month contract at Yeovil because he had the safety net of it ending before the transfer window shut.

Still say a month's wages and performing to win a contract elsewhere would have him on his best behaviour, I say again, him and/or Fallon for a month would help us out tremendously. Remember him walking round the pitch at Alder****, I think after his red card, and taking a while to realise the applause from us away fans was actually for him.....the expression on his face as it dawned on him was well worth seeing and I think he would have some respect for the club, let alone Sturrock.

It would probably take more than a month for a new player to settle in, look at Harris, miles better than Clarke, a proven true professional and he's still settling in. Total waste of money, Bilel can do a job at this level for 3 games, no need to panic.

It would probably take more than a month for a new player to settle in, look at Harris, miles better than Clarke, a proven true professional and he's still settling in. Total waste of money, Bilel can do a job at this level for 3 games, no need to panic.
Again, according to today's Echo, Mohsni has a virus.....didn't take Clarke long to settle in last time, nor Freddy nor Freedman come to that. All did tremendously well in first month.

He has never played for Aldershot

I thought that Clarke not signing for Southend was a money issue, something about him not wanting to lose a bonus that he then wouldn't qualify for and us not wanting to cover it or something like that?

Does anyone know who Clarke played under when he was at Sheff Wed and Plymouth? Was Luggy there at the same time?

Sturrock was not the manager at either club at the times Clarke was there:

Plymouth - Clarke 2006, Luggy 2000-04 and 2007-09
SheffWed - Clarke 2007-10, Luggy 2004-06

fallon i would like to sign as i've always rated him, but then again he has shot us down a few times. Clarke, no thanks. anyone who saw the footage of him and Di Canio having a ruck could see he is an imature little kid. he embaressed himself big time. let go by swindon after 9 days. that says it all!

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back