• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon Clarke and Rory Fallon

"Total idiot" seems harsh. As I said in the other thread, I personally sympathise with his position from the other night which seemed like shocking man management from the Swindon coaching staff, to me.

Indeed. I would be amazed if Di Canio is still there come xmas time.

Of all the gambles to take, Leon Clarke would be the one, Let's see, Blair sturrock or Leon Clarke upfront? provided Luggy can sort his head out of course! We couldnt fit the wage bill anyway.

If we are talking about the Leon Clarke that strolled about the pitch in his final game for us (was it Donny away?) before being subbed then I'd even take Paul Sturrock over him!

I can't imagine that Yeovil were paying a fortune, and he's pretty much a journeyman player, and he's now unemployed. Having said that as Timlin is direct replacement for N'Daiye, I can't see us taking on any more players unless they're loanees if we have an injury crisis.

Which we do. We have no strikers! But I highly doubt we'll be signing anyone on loan due to the wage budget.

"Total idiot" seems harsh. As I said in the other thread, I personally sympathise with his position from the other night which seemed like shocking man management from the Swindon coaching staff, to me.

If I remember rightly, Clarke left a bad taste in the mouth when he left here - everywhere he goes he leaves under a cloud - surely some of this is his fault ? there is a reason he is without a club in the 4th tier of english football despite all the talent.

Di Canio was pretty scathing about LC on SSN earlier. Said he wanted to leave as it's too much like hard work at STFC and that he is laziest players he's cone across... And as a result he kicked off the other night when Di Canio was apparently (?!) being totally reasonable!

Leon Clarke...Has completely wasted his talent,is trouble and such a stupid shame...I was surprised he was signed by QPR anyway...Fallon;No not now...Remember his Dad FWIW,thought him one of the worst players of that era!

How about Bilel and Clarke up front ? Mad brothers.com

They'd end up fighting each other........

But seriously, after his attitude in his last game for us I wouldn't want to see him anywhere near one of our shirts, showed total disrespect that day not just to the club but also to the fans who follow it. Should we throw a lifebelt to a Billy Big Bollocks who did that now he's burnt all his boats elsewhere? For me, sorry, that's a big NO, let him stew. :thumbdown:

Di Canio was pretty scathing about LC on SSN earlier. Said he wanted to leave as it's too much like hard work at STFC and that he is laziest players he's cone across... And as a result he kicked off the other night when Di Canio was apparently (?!) being totally reasonable!

Sounds about right, always has been a lazy ****, now he's just a has been :thumbdown:

IMO Sturrock seems to be fighting a battle to enforce discipline upon the squad, I don't think throwing Clarke into the mix is a good idea. Shame really, he'd probably suit our recent aerial style of play. As for Fallon, I think God had it right the first time; no thanks.

Saw the recirded coverage of what happened with Di Canio and Clarke and I'm not at all surprised Clarke lost it with him, Di Canio kept pulling him about and Clarke kept saying "don't touch me" or words to that effect.

As to Clarke or Fallon, I'd be happy to take either of them on a month's wages to cover our lack of fit strikers situation and to enable them to put themselves in the shop window. I'd absolutely trust Sturrock and Coughlan to handle either of them...or both come to that!

I still find it incredible that Clarke is only remembered for his shambolic performance against Doncaster rather than his superb goalscoring record during his loan spell. We are told that Luggy is an excellent man manager, let him prove it by bringing out the best in a player who should be way too good for this level.

Di Canio is a passionate hot headed Italian yes but looking at this it appears it's Clarke that over reacted ?

[video=youtube;gh_oEJX9BHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh_oEJX9BHE[/video]

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back