• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon Clarke and Rory Fallon

ozzy-shrimper

Map Reader
Leon has been told to find a new club when the loan window opens by swindon. While Fallon has been released early by Yeovil! Possibilities?

No thanks to both..... Clarke is trouble and Rory didn't think we were good enough for him over the years, so noooooo.

FFS no thanks !

Anyway the JPT final is likely to be on a sunday so Rory will be busy playing for the god squad and Leon is a bit of a porker and would just add unnecessary weight to the coach thus costing us more in fuel.

I always liked Fallon (well hated him when he score twice for Swansea in 2006), his dad played for us in the 60's and Sturrock signed him for Plymouth.

I'm sure sturrock will be interested when taking into account he's signed him before, as well as the fact 2 of our strikers are injury prone and Neil may not be able to last the 90 minutes every game this season. Surely worth a look?

One word - wages.....:sad:

I can't imagine that Yeovil were paying a fortune, and he's pretty much a journeyman player, and he's now unemployed. Having said that as Timlin is direct replacement for N'Daiye, I can't see us taking on any more players unless they're loanees if we have an injury crisis.

Of all the gambles to take, Leon Clarke would be the one, Let's see, Blair sturrock or Leon Clarke upfront? provided Luggy can sort his head out of course! We couldnt fit the wage bill anyway.

i would be happy to see one of them here i think both of them are good players and are worth having a look at but the wage budget may stop us doing that.

If we had the £££ I'd take Clarke, he may be lazy but he knows where the back of the net is and would be a welcome addition in our current forward crisis.

Clarke has got the talent but not the commitment in my eyes! Not worth the gamble i'm afraid. Fallon, possibly but wages would be an issue. I'd look elsewhere to solve our striker crisis!

Would mean shipping a forward out and as all our strikers are red hot banging in the goals at the moment I cant see it happening.

"Total idiot" seems harsh. As I said in the other thread, I personally sympathise with his position from the other night which seemed like shocking man management from the Swindon coaching staff, to me.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back