• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have read all the above and like the tone of the posts BUT...................

chickens.................count.......................etc

The NEXT GAME is all that counts, and then the NEXT GAME.

Stuff the rest, just keep the wins coming.

I have read all the above and like the tone of the posts BUT...................

chickens.................count.......................etc

The NEXT GAME is all that counts, and then the NEXT GAME.

Stuff the rest, just keep the wins coming

I think most are looking at it like me, yes keep the wins coming, but it may come down to the others dropping points if we have some bad results. So I'm looking at Southend wins and others results just in case.

Other than the Bury result and final score line, on the whole, i'm happy with that. Still have a 3 point cushion on Millwall.

Tad worried about Oxfords result tonight, they seem to be returning to form & scoring for fun.

Now they really do blow hot and cold.

4 Mar - Football League One

Oxford

0 - 2
[COLOR=#878787 !important]FT[/COLOR]

Bristol Rovers
7 Mar - Football League One

Oxford

2 - 3

Sheff Utd
wF8AgQsssfy3_GLyVR3dSg_56x42.png

11 Mar - Football League One

lOOALIMUn6ZWIodeaP85mg_56x42.png
Peterborough

1 - 2

Oxford
1vdPDOnkmY_Dn6LrWClXJw_56x42.png

14 Mar - Football League One

jzRSVBHGedihiCAkY4xVGw_56x42.png
Oldham

2 - 1

Oxford

18 Mar - Football League One

Oxford

2 - 1

Scunthorpe
ftAa02PMaWTdigXlN8N4ug_56x42.png

21 Mar - Football League One

Oxford

2 - 4

Bolton
AwpOg9EBSdw787FNq_JHyw_56x42.png

25 Mar - Football League One

H2kjMb8QChLrVeu90xbU0Q_56x42.png
Northampton

0 - 0

Oxford

28 Mar - Football League One

Oxford

5 - 1
[COLOR=#878787 !important]FT

Bury

[/COLOR]

Looked through the fixtures, despite M'walls recent form they along with Bristol Rovers could be our closest threat, I still see Oxford as having a few more tough games than those around them.

if we win our next 7 it gives us 84 pts - but I still think Bolton will gain more even if we beat them.

One game at a time I guess... Bottom line is we MUST win on Saturday, then we go again!

I'd rather play Scunthorpe out of all those teams first. If we had a choice. We completely outplayed them in February?

Tad worried about Oxfords result tonight, they seem to be returning to form & scoring for fun.

Four points behind and played a game more, what's the worry.
Milwall lost their two game advantage over us, we're looking pretty at the moment.:thumbsup:

Looked through the fixtures, despite M'walls recent form they along with Bristol Rovers could be our closest threat, I still see Oxford as having a few more tough games than those around them.

if we win our next 7 it gives us 84 pts - but I still think Bolton will gain more even if we beat them.

One game at a time I guess... Bottom line is we MUST win on Saturday, then we go again!

I still wouldn't say we're at the must win stage yet, and Oldham are in ok form with 1 loss in 6 and are fighting away near the bottom. I'm sure they'll be tough opposition and if we don't win I don't want our heads to drop, there's still a lot to play for and plenty more twists to come.

I would prefer to beat Oldham first, no easy feat, then look at the table. It is simple we win 6 out of seven and Millwall win all seven they have still got to do that and score plenty more goals than us. A better way to do this is a max points table after each set of games. I think 13 points will give us the play offs.

I would prefer to beat Oldham first, no easy feat, then look at the table. It is simple we win 6 out of seven and Millwall win all seven they have still got to do that and score plenty more goals than us. A better way to do this is a max points table after each set of games. I think 13 points will give us the play offs.
Millwall are on the slide now .

Four points behind and played a game more, what's the worry.
Milwall lost their two game advantage over us, we're looking pretty at the moment.:thumbsup:

The worry is, come 5pm Saturday, we wont have a game in hand over Oxford (due to that plastic trophy thingy) & we have to face Bolton on Tuesday night, if things don't go our way, & things work out for them, they could well be up our proverbial trouser leg like a ferret avin a right proper sniff around our prize. :smile:

As said before many times, We can only focus on our performance & not worry about the rest, but we could really do with a little but of "Lady Luck" for a change.

Yes the Scunthorpe V Millwall game is a bit of a cliffhanger for us (as I for one, cant figure out who's wheels have really fallen off the wagon). But still currently see Oxford as more of a threat to our 6th place.

It is still all about us. Yes, it was a help that Millwall lost (though did not do our title surge much good ; ) ) ...but should we lose the next two and Millwall win their games? Back behind.
It is always about focusing on the next big game. Oldham Athletic at Roots Hall? One of potentially seven Cup Finals.

The worry is, come 5pm Saturday, we wont have a game in hand over Oxford (due to that plastic trophy thingy) & we have to face Bolton on Tuesday night, if things don't go our way, & things work out for them, they could well be up our proverbial trouser leg like a ferret avin a right proper sniff around our prize. :smile:

As said before many times, We can only focus on our performance & not worry about the rest, but we could really do with a little but of "Lady Luck" for a change.

Yes the Scunthorpe V Millwall game is a bit of a cliffhanger for us (as I for one, cant figure out who's wheels have really fallen off the wagon). But still currently see Oxford as more of a threat to our 6th place.

Lady Luck? Hmmmm. I think we had a slice of that the size of Canvey at Wembley. In truth the Wycombe lad only had to pass the ball a few feet down the line and out of play. 30 seconds to go with a throw deep in your own half against 11 men behind the ball? All over.

We have our fair share of luck. Every club does.

Lady Luck? Hmmmm. I think we had a slice of that the size of Canvey at Wembley. In truth the Wycombe lad only had to pass the ball a few feet down the line and out of play. 30 seconds to go with a throw deep in your own half against 11 men behind the ball? All over.

We have our fair share of luck. Every club does.

How about the blatant penalty we should have got at Wembley well before any of that!!!

To be honest. I don't really recall a clear cut penalty claim at Wembley and have never heard anyone mention it since. Perhaps because we won anyway?

Back