• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Keenan Appiah-Forson Signs (2-year deal)

Transfer news
So, after all the hysteric meltdowns and neurotic outbursts we have signed 2 players in a single day.

One who is highly regarded and being chased by a fellow VNL competitor. To add to *checks notes* a team that already consists of the best player in the league and England C international (Gus Scott Morris), one of the best holding midfielders in the league (Cav Miley) who plays to next to Afghan international Noor Husin, who then plays next to a midfielder who was playing in league one last year (George Moncur) who was also wanted by others. WE JUST CANT STOP BEATING THESE BOZOS TO SIGNINGS!

Following the league 1 trend...really looking forward to Josh Walker returning. Another one who has ripped league apart...and yet another who was wanted elsewhere. COSU CANT STOP WINNING

Be interesting to see if Mikey Faulkner makes the bench again tomorrow....lucky to secure his signature after League one Cambridge offered him a deal which he rejected for us. JUST STOP IT NOW COSU, IT ISN'T FAIR!

The Southend Masochist Alliance fans group must be hurting real bad right now, them blue balls are so heavy they could be used to hold up our potential new modern East Stand in years to come.

This, all day long.:Clap:

So, after all the hysteric meltdowns and neurotic outbursts we have signed 2 players in a single day.

One who is highly regarded and being chased by a fellow VNL competitor. To add to *checks notes* a team that already consists of the best player in the league and England C international (Gus Scott Morris), one of the best holding midfielders in the league (Cav Miley) who plays to next to Afghan international Noor Husin, who then plays next to a midfielder who was playing in league one last year (George Moncur) who was also wanted by others. WE JUST CANT STOP BEATING THESE BOZOS TO SIGNINGS!

Following the league 1 trend...really looking forward to Josh Walker returning. Another one who has ripped league apart...and yet another who was wanted elsewhere. COSU CANT STOP WINNING

Be interesting to see if Mikey Faulkner makes the bench again tomorrow....lucky to secure his signature after League one Cambridge offered him a deal which he rejected for us. JUST STOP IT NOW COSU, IT ISN'T FAIR!

The Southend Masochist Alliance fans group must be hurting real bad right now, them blue balls are so heavy they could be used to hold up our potential new modern East Stand in years to come.
Ditto the above.

In all the years I’ve been on the Zone I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse day (and that includes any Ron saga discussions).

The Kensdsle thread is probably the worst of the lot. Deserves locking or deleting. Utter tripe and a sad reflection of hoe social media has screwed up the world.

Ditto the above.

In all the years I’ve been on the Zone I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse day (and that includes any Ron saga discussions).

The Kensdsle thread is probably the worst of the lot. Deserves locking or deleting. Utter tripe and a sad reflection of hoe social media has screwed up the world.

True. Its been a bad day. But it sounds that people are right about Kensdale and if true its disgraceful.

As for Cards. He can be replaced.

Welcome young man, hope you make yourself at home and come to love this wonderful club and its supporters. As im sure they will be thrilled watching you play. I wish you every success in your time with us , because i have a feeling you will go on to much better things in the future ,should you so choose, but hopefully it wont be for a few seasons and god willing with SOUTHEND UNITED.

True. Its been a bad day. But it sounds that people are right about Kensdale and if true its disgraceful.

As for Cards. He can be replaced.
Kensdale has issues? Details are none of my business. The club ‘lied’? Really what planet are people on? Cardwell’s gone? He wont be the first or last to go AND we got money.

After years of financial mismanagement we have owners that want to do the right thing. I believe there is such a thing as a lower league team that is also a viable concern.

Meanwhile while all this utter bollocks was going on the club signed two players. That should be the focus of 20 pages of comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
We will have to trust in the Amigos to transform him into an attacking central midfielder as 104 of his games have been as a defensive or central midfielder, although has managed 11 as a forward midfielder. Hence only one goal in 27 on loan to Daggers last year and never scored in a more forward position

However still a good signing and I hope the Barry Corr syndrome kicks in, literally

SOUTHEND United new-boy Keenan Appiah-Forson is keen to help the Shrimpers push forward this season.

The attacking midfielder has signed a two year deal at Roots Hall.

And the 22-year-old is determined to make the most of his opportunity.

“It’s a big club, the fans are great and I know the gaffer likes to play good football too so it’s a club that really attracted me,” said Appiah-Forson.

“Even when I was training here before signing I really enjoyed myself and it’s somewhere I want to be.

“Hopefully I can help push the team forward.”

Appiah-Forson arrives at the Shrimpers following his release from West Ham United where he been for the past eight years.

And he was helped throughout pre-season by the Professional Footballers Association who put on training sessions and friendlies for players without a club.

“It was in Leicestershire and they put on games,” said Appiah-Forson.

“I played in one against United 21s but I was a free agent and I got a call from the gaffer when I was with the PFA.

“He called me to come down, train and see if I liked it because they wanted to sign me.

“I did two sessions and after the second one I agreed to sign.”

But Appiah-Forson is no stranger to the National League having lined up at this level while on loan for Dagenham & Redbridge last season.

“I really enjoyed my time at Dagenham,” said Appiah-Forson, who scored once in 27 appearances for Daggers.

“I played week in, week out from December time and enjoyed playing in this league.

“It’s very competitive and I’ve got that experience now so I want to push on.”

And Appiah-Forson is keen to feature regularly for Blues.

“I want as many games as possible,” said the midfielder.

“I was playing 21s a lot at West Ham and managed to get two appearances for the first team but I want to be playing regular first team football and see what happens.”

And Appiah-Forson is keen to make a big impression, starting with a possible debut at Oldham Athletic this weekend.

“Hopefully I can make my mark either if I’m starting or off the bench,” said Appiah-Forson.

“I’m ready to take my opportunity.

“I hope to contribute goals and assists and as a team we want to try and make the play-offs this season.”

Back