• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

Dare I say he is over rated. Well I think he over rates his own ability. He is 22 in August and so far his CV has 38 National League appearances and 2 EFL cup ties and walked out on two clubs. And he wants to be playing for Poland in the next World Cup.

Just think Pat Scully and Spencer Prior playing in level 2 at Lopata‘s age.

The grass isn’t always greener - just ask Elvis Bwomono ..

I‘m sure Blondy won’t miss him!
Sort of my response as well. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

KL posted that he was no longer a southend player. The echo article seems to suggest he is?

Is that he no longer has a contract with us but we hold his registration - sort of similar to the Elvis situation

It is like Elvis. Wonder if we’ll have to pay him for months for not playing as well

Yeah the only way is new owners with adequate financing, who can restore the credibility of the club and set about the task of getting the club back up the leagues.
Nothing will change while Ron stays in the hot seat probably have the tax man chasing him again same time next season so in comes another embargo. It’s a few more seasons at this level to come if we can’t bring in quality players as others have said why would you want to come here with a boss who doesn’t pay his staff.

This Lopata effect will no doubt affect our transfer business this summer.
What half decent player will want to come to us and not get paid.
All the hard work Stan & Co did building up our credibility has now been flushed down the ****ter .

I would disagree.

The players scouted are mostly lower leagues, if offered the chance of full time football by 5 very credible men (Kev, Currie, Benno, Stan & Still) with home attendances of 6-7k and 500+ away... Plus a new prem standard training facilities...

I think some lads would be all over the opportunity vs being part time in NLS on pay as you play terms.

Take Collin for example, got picked up for a trial due to being recommended by Tilson at a college trial day he wasn't even meant to attend. Some would argue he only got signed because Brown was under pressure to make the squad bigger and we were heading into an embargo (or were we in one?). To lads like Collin, having a club our size is the dream! GSM said this in his interview the other week.

It’s one of 3 things:
- put off other players from doing the same (if this is an unpaid wages thing)
- put off other NL clubs from signing him. If there is a risk of a fee, aside from Wrexham, maybe the others won’t be so keen
- genuine belief that he has some legal ground

I would disagree.

The players scouted are mostly lower leagues, if offered the chance of full time football by 5 very credible men (Kev, Currie, Benno, Stan & Still) with home attendances of 6-7k and 500+ away... Plus a new prem standard training facilities...

I think some lads would be all over the opportunity vs being part time in NLS on pay as you play terms.

Take Collin for example, got picked up for a trial due to being recommended by Tilson at a college trial day he wasn't even meant to attend. Some would argue he only got signed because Brown was under pressure to make the squad bigger and we were heading into an embargo (or were we in one?). To lads like Collin, having a club our size is the dream! GSM said this in his interview the other week.
I think most players that are likely to maybe come to us if we aren’t embargoed. Will be earning more money part time, with a full time job money coming in.
If I was a part time player and Ron came calling, I wouldn’t touch our club with a barge pole with him in charge.

I think most players that are likely to maybe come to us if we aren’t embargoed. Will be earning more money part time, with a full time job money coming in.
If I was a part time player and Ron came calling, I wouldn’t touch our club with a barge pole with him in charge.

If you're good enough to be young and playing part time footie, your fully fledged dream would be to stop working your day job and play football every day.

Stan will probably sell them the dream, 'Play for us for a year or two and you'll get that big move in to the EFL'

Any idea why ITK? Is it because there isn’t enough money still or some kind of admin backlog / time for funds clearing as they are all paid?
Don't know for sure but I do know toms been trying to get things sorted ever since funds cleared but then the lopata thing kicked off which needed attention.
at first I heard it was 5m but now heard it's 2.6m received so I'm assuming it's a case of what gets paid and what order I guess.
Whole thing is messy.

Elvis ended up playing in iceland! Don't know if still there! Definitely frozen out
I see what you did there ! and he is still there according to wiki.

I think we paid him for months on end to not play as if we stopped we wouldn't get a fee ? Then he went to Iceland and we still didn't get a fee. With hindsight looks like his agent didn't give the best advice though as a career move. If, as the Echo report suggests there is going to be a bit of a legal battle over Lopata I wondered if we would have to keep paying him until things are resolved as to stop paying him would definitely be a breach of contract. Assume this is the conundrum the club talk about. Keep paying him and try and retrieve some cash out of the mess, or just cut and run. I know what I'd do.

Wiser folks can inform, but...'seek to recover substantial training compensation from his next club"?
Am assuming it means if he signs for a new club now, we want some cash.
After all, he can't play no matter who he signs for. Right?
Yeah: let him sign and we can push for the dough.

Back