• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jason Demetriou

If one is also part of the playing squad with ease
Yes, agreed. Demi along with Mark Bentley were also responsible for any "B" Team matches . The football budget has according to rumours been cut. Would imagine massive overspending is now a thing of the past. The budget I am sure will be used wisely.

Yes i thought that, but i guess there are coaching duties that require extra thought and a more complex pay situation.

Not sure we need 4 coaches tbh, but hey ho
Presumably he's going to be a youth coach. Considering we have no academy right now its quite likely the reason why Demi has to wait for the takeover to happen to see how COSU are going to rebuild that side of the club and how he fits in to that.

Presumably he's going to be a youth coach. Considering we have no academy right now its quite likely the reason why Demi has to wait for the takeover to happen to see how COSU are going to rebuild that side of the club and how he fits in to that.
I don’t believe it’ll be linked to what’s happening with the Academy; that set-up has already been ‘de-coupled’ from the senior squad and is being operated under the auspices of the Community Foundation. COSU have already stated that they won’t seek to re-establish the Academy as we knew it until the club is back in the EFL, and that won’t be for at least ten months.

I would imagine it’s simply a case of looking at who is recruited from a playing perspective and how much value JD will be able to bring as a player and as a coach within the budget and a sustainable framework.

In an ideal world it would be great to keep him around the club; his versatility means he is useful cover for a number of positions, especially in the small squad model Kevin Maher prefers. He also seems to be a good influence around the squad and brings experience from a playing perspective, whilst offering continuity from a coaching standpoint to step up should any of the current coaching staff depart.

I don’t believe it’ll be linked to what’s happening with the Academy; that set-up has already been ‘de-coupled’ from the senior squad and is being operated under the auspices of the Community Foundation. COSU have already stated that they won’t seek to re-establish the Academy as we knew it until the club is back in the EFL, and that won’t be for at least ten months.

I would imagine it’s simply a case of looking at who is recruited from a playing perspective and how much value JD will be able to bring as a player and as a coach within the budget and a sustainable framework.

In an ideal world it would be great to keep him around the club; his versatility means he is useful cover for a number of positions, especially in the small squad model Kevin Maher prefers. He also seems to be a good influence around the squad and brings experience from a playing perspective, whilst offering continuity from a coaching standpoint to step up should any of the current coaching staff depart.
In all honesty, I would much rather have JD in the squad and around the coaching set up over having too many more players come in, as he can still do a decent job for us in several positions. He probably wont need to play as much as last season, but always helpful to have him on the bench! particularly as we currently have no real GK cover yet and GSM needs to step in between the sticks.

In all honesty, I would much rather have JD in the squad and around the coaching set up over having too many more players come in, as he can still do a decent job for us in several positions. He probably wont need to play as much as last season, but always helpful to have him on the bench! particularly as we currently have no real GK cover yet and GSM needs to step in between the sticks.
WE had a keeper yesterday the x col u keeper Hope he get another game to see his worth .

In fact, hasn't Demi himself gone in goal for us in the past when we didn't have any other option in a match?

One of the things we are severely lacking in the squad is on pitch verbal organisation. When JD isn't on the pitch we are noticeably too quiet and a little rudderless. Dave Martin also did this job really well but of course has gone now. It's difficult to develop quieter players into this style which needs a lot of expetience, and I doubt wel be buying any experience.
The stats for last season show JD made 32 appearances and had the highest win percentage when on the pitch.
whether it's JD or someone else, we need that type of player on the pitch.

Last edited:

Sounds like as far as Kev is concerned that decision is made on his side and he just needs it sorted. Its a shame another season is being impacted by the never ending saga of the sale- at least from a playing viewpoint.

One of the things we are severely lacking in the squad is on pitch verbal organisation. When JD isn't on the pitch we are noticeably too quiet and a little ruddetless. Dave Martin also did this job really well but of course has gone now. It's difficult to develop quieter players into this style which needs a lot of expetience, and I doubt wel be buying any experience.
The stats for last season show JD made 32 appearances and had the highest win percentage when on the pitch.
At Gt Wakering last Saturday the main vocals in the second half came from Gubbins and GSM. To be fair, Ralph was over the other side of the pitch so he may well have been vocal as well. In the first half it was Kensdale, Taylor and Crowther.

They would all be in the main first team squad so that's half a dozen loudish voices in the ranks. However, Ralph would not be my choice of skipper (but I can understand why he is).

One of the things we are severely lacking in the squad is on pitch verbal organisation. When JD isn't on the pitch we are noticeably too quiet and a little ruddetless. Dave Martin also did this job really well but of course has gone now. It's difficult to develop quieter players into this style which needs a lot of expetience, and I doubt wel be buying any experience.

Hmmm.

Excluding Solihull (where he went off injured after 11 minutes at 0-0 and we went on to win 5-0 without him) Demi started 16 games
We won 6, drew 7 lost 3. Ave 1.56 points per start.

Picking a player at random
Harry Taylor started 34 won 16, drew 6, lost 12. Ave 1.62 per start.

If Demi had the highest win percentage in games he appeared in it’s because Maher wanted to protect Jack Bridge and so looked to take him off for the final 2 minutes in games we’d already wrapped up and Demi happened to be our wingback on the bench.

Back