• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jason Demetriou

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
A mate of mine has said he's heard a rumour JD has left the club.

Any news on this anyone?

Quite possibly it may refer to him leaving the playing side from next season as we all know he is now concentrating on the coaching side

As far as I know he hasn't announced his retirement as a player and is training. So until there is an announcement otherwise nothing has changed?

Not signed a new contract yet due to all that's been going on within the club and due to that theres been no real opportunity to discuss terms etc properly. The previous one ended at the end of june.
Kev wants him to stay to play and coach and as mentioned he has been continuing with normal preseason training and coaching with a view to sorting it out officially now the embargo is gone.
The news on sky that appeared on Facebook is fake rubbish, but it's factual no new deal is finalised yet and the last one ended.

Not signed a new contract yet due to all that's been going on within the club and due to that theres been no real opportunity to discuss terms etc properly. The previous one ended at the end of june.
Kev wants him to stay to play and coach and as mentioned he has been continuing with normal preseason training and coaching with a view to sorting it out officially now the embargo is gone.
The news on sky that appeared on Facebook is fake rubbish, but it's factual no new deal is finalised yet and the last one ended.
Do you know how coaching duties are split between Currie, Bentley and Jason ?

JD is the type of bloke you need at the club but can we really afford to employ three first team coaches alongside KM
We've lost Dave Martin now, who apparently, helped coached the defence as well as goalkeeping, so there may be a role still. We don't know all the details. I guess it comes down to our budget, how much JD will cost and what he could give us as a player as cover.

We do need to bring in a new goalkeeping coach as well though.

Currie looks after the forwards and Bentley looks after the defenders. Not sure if there is anything in particular JD does
Has that always been the case? I ask because at an away Preseason friendly in Hertfordshire (can't remember the name of the club) 2 seasons ago Currie was working closely with Shaun Hobson).

Maybe the split isn't that simple?

@in the know has consistently said that Kev wants Demi to stay as a player/coach. There is absolutely no reason to doubt ITK's info, so the only area for discussion will be the terms of the deal I guess. It has to be right for player and club.

Back