• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Jason Demetriou departs

Transfer news
Probably the worst news of the week .. the last of the proper pros at the club captain of Cyprus over 250 games and now we really are a non league club filled with players form semi pro clubs .. the last remaining legend departs , what was it Ron said ? The truth will out? ‘

Now this is one player I am very sorry to be losing. We will not be able to replace JDs skill, experience, professionalism and integrity easily. I am just so pleased that we had the good luck of having Jason around for so long, because without his input we would have been in a far worse place.

Good luck Jason, wherever you end up next. There will always be a warm welcome for you at Roots Hall

The yellow card master, thankyou Jase for your service to the Shrimpers, outstanding. Put the fear of God in some of those NL strikers and referees for that matter ! Legend? Yeah why not. Unquestionable loyalty, a true blue.

I remember the seasons when people on here were saying he needed to go as was part of the losing mentality. He proved them wrong by rolling back the years and dodgy knees and gave everything for the club. The truth is that as a loss making NL club with just a first team we can’t afford 4 coaches. The economics could stack up if he also played but I guess and others on here will know that if he wants to concentrate on building a coaching career he needs to commit more time to it.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if things are not quite right doesn’t it ?

I’m as cynical as anyone but what coaching position do you think he should fill?

We already have a head coach, an assistant head coach, a first team coach, a head of recruitment in John Still and, I think, a goalkeeper coach (although they haven’t announced that one yet) and are recruiting an analyst (website suggests that they’ve appointed Adam Milne)

We don’t have a reserve team to manage. He doesn’t want to play any more. If we employed him we’d have nearly a coach for every player and would have to invent a coaching position for him.

Probably the worst news of the week .. the last of the proper pros at the club captain of Cyprus over 250 games and now we really are a non league club filled with players form semi pro clubs ..

I’d like to argue this point but the last player we signed was from W*** H**.

Real shame. Still think he had a lot to offer but I was aware tgst Kev wanted him to be a player coach but Jason wanted to concentrate on the coaching side. Think he knew his knee wasn't up to the rigger of first team football and training on a full time basis.

Felt like his experience could have really helped the defensive players at the club.

Kensdale, cardwell, demi.

The old guard who got us through the hell departing,

Maybe its for the best, hard to top all they did last season as much as we'd like them too. New regime, new blood on the pitch.

Not quite sure but is Ron still there?
Get rid of a good man, sell ya best striker, just checking?

Back