• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

can't see it happening. The normal routine is to suggest we are interested in anyone suggested whilst pursuing (and sadly often not getting) the real target..

On the striker front I can see why Blackburn and Scunthorpe possibly dont need a loanee striker as they have 17 strikers between them and paid FEES for 6 of those. On the other hand the top two, Wigan and Shrewsbury have 3 young loanee strikers who between them have notched up 15 goals in 65 games. Sadly apparently we cant afford a loanee for 4 months, I wonder why?

I see Peterborough went and put Ason Villa out of the cup to move into the fourth round and still maintaining a play off chance. 7 of their decent squad are of course from non league, all signed in the past 3 years, although they did pay an undisclosed sum for 23 year old Jack Marriott from lower league Luton, who is currently the countries second highest goalscorer behind Harry Kane, having knocked in 25 goals already but of course non leagers don't make the grade according to many on here.

I see Peterborough went and put Ason Villa out of the cup to move into the fourth round and still maintaining a play off chance. 7 of their decent squad are of course from non league, all signed in the past 3 years, although they did pay an undisclosed sum for 23 year old Jack Marriott from lower league Luton, who is currently the countries second highest goalscorer behind Harry Kane, having knocked in 25 goals already but of course non leagers don't make the grade according to many on here.

Marriott probably cost them at least 200k and couldn't even get a regular place at Luton. It's not that non leaguers can't make the grade, it's just a massive gamble requiring continual cash investment. Peterborough finished well below us last season and despite having stand-out profits on a few players, still make a loss overall due to the volume of players they have to get in to find these occasional gems.

Peterborough, because of their long-standing policy, are always the frontrunners to sign the best talent in non-league. They don't always come cheap either. Marriott was a gamble at £200k and as the poster above said, he didn't shine at Luton but Posh saw something in him. Sometimes you just have to accept other clubs are very good at this. Fry is a big player for them in both his ability to spot a quality player and his ability to negotiate.

I must admit though that Brown's transfer policy of pretending it is still 2009 is proving very ineffective.

As in we want him to come here and he doesn't? :hilarious:

say-yes-or-the-puppy-gets-it.jpg

Back