• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde

TBF we’ve never really seen the best of him and if his goal against Wrexham would have stood people might have had a different opinion etc. like many on here have stated, Father Time has finally caught up and is it really worth wasting time and money on a might be next season.

If we are fortunate enough to be able to buy new players next season if a sale goes through, fit fresh blood is required and no dead wood.

and there lies the problem, no one will see the best of him because he can't string two games together. Anyone who signs him will be signing a player who just simply will get injured several times during the season.
By my count he had as many injuries as goals this season.

Managed 90 minutes once all season (and he then missed the next 5 games).

Turns 33 before the season starts.

Hasn’t started 30 league games in a season since 2014/15.

Sure, he **might** manage to stay fit but is that really a bet you want to make?

In that case, add the extra point we would have got away at Wrexham when their goal wasn't disallowed. We received an apology for both refereeing mistakes. Instead of getting one point from Wrexham this season, we should have had 4.
I suspect Wrexham would have got the goal required even if it wasn't that one. I thought we were doing well to still be in it by the time Mullin unsettled Steve for that dodgy goal but we certainly never looked like scoring that afternoon.

Oh dear. Their physio will be busy with him and Murphy.

Sounds like the kind of thing a club like Southend would do

Big roll of the dice for them.

Occasionally it works. Hasnt for us for a long time it seems.

I cannot see Yeovil go straight back up, I can see Chelmsford City finish top and goes straight up automatically.

Crazy gamble anyone signing him, his injury record was horrendous before we bizarrely decided to get him in on loan for the season and it's only got worse since then. Very strange for any team to be willing to risk an actual contract with him all things considered. You'd imagine it has to be very cheap otherwise who on earth would be that irresponsible with their recruitment.

Back