• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future It's DONE! COSU Own The Club.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Ok so like @BoyWonder2 and a few others on here I’ve got young kids and getting them to sleep early enough last night so I could toast the news immediately didn’t happen sadly.

But I’ve had more joy tonight so cheers everyone. I wanna make a special toast to all those that weren’t paid for up to 3 months to keep the club going and keep games on for us to attend. You guys are the real heroes. It’s absolutely sickening what you went through and the man responsible should be behind bars. Here’s to better times ahead.

View attachment 32932
I mean it was great news and a reason to celebrate but drinking urine? 😜

Oh WOW!!!! We all knew he placed most of his debts on the club but I never thought it would have been this amount
Where has all that money gone that he used the club as security because he most definitely did put anything back into the club.
No wonder he only sold it for a £1. Try 38 million and a & £1
Not quite right Tinks. The 38 mill has to be removed first so POSU will not be paying that.

CBRE have a charge for £38m.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Without building anything, what on earth has RM spent £38m on?

Would years and years of fees for associated property development work and legal fees etc, for RH and FF really come to that much?

£38m is easy to come up with as the accounts show the club lost somewhere between £1.5m-£2m each year of RM’s tenure.

That’s now an amount that the Consortium will need to fund each year until they have us back at break even.

I think there are **some** cost savings (the legal fees are astronomical and are almost entirely racked up by misrunning the club; not having to pay penalties for late payment etc) and there is potentially some growth in income to be had (e.g. boost in season ticket sales, more sponsors, better food and drink etc) but I think we’re still looking at seven figure losses for the next couple of years and that doesn’t factor in the need for capital investments.

I did ask the club that yesterday but was told that the consortium have already had the builders and cleaners in. They did say though that as the last one was great for the SUFC community as a whole that they may find us something to do.
I hope there is an opportunity for something because I honestly believe that coming together laid a togetherness marker down for last season. John the image of that young lad cleaning the sign was for me both iconic and defiant! If the good times are hopefully to return as I believe they will, Shrimpers should never lose that image from their memory, it's up there for me with the photo of the 1 nil scoreboard against Man U, historic in it's own way.

I hope there is an opportunity for something because I honestly believe that coming together laid a togetherness marker down for last season. John the image of that young lad cleaning the sign was for me both iconic and defiant! If the good times are hopefully to return as I believe they will, Shrimpers should never lose that image from their memory, it's up there for me with the photo of the 1 nil scoreboard against Man U, historic in it's own way.
And this.

the board.jpg

As the dust settles on what has been a traumatic 25 years overall, (The Zone never existed when the rat bought us) my mind turns to those we lost along the way that never got to see this day. Ldnfatso, Harry Canvey Shrimper, Dave The Big Dady, Big Rich, Homer, Hannah and so many many more lifelong fans who have sadly left us during this time.

I like to think when @RHB mentioned it was raining this morning it was all of them up there in Heaven crying tears of joy for at last we are free.

Many including myself have been very depressed during this time and i know it has effected us all in some way. We may not have been all "United" along the way, but we are now.

Now its upwards and onwards, we will never forget what we have been put through but our love for our club won in the end.

I salute you all and everybody that kept us going along the way x

Last edited:
As the dust settles on what has been a traumatic 25 years overall, (The Zone never existed when the rat bought us) my mind turns to those we lost along the way that never got to see this day. Ldnfatso, Harry Canvey Shrimper, Dave The Big Dady, Big Rich, Homer, Hannah and so many many more lifelong fans who have sadly left us during this time.

I like to think when @RHB mentioned it was raining this morning it was all of them up there in Heaven crying tears of joy for at last we are free.

Many including myself have been very depressed during this time and i know it has effected us all in some way. We may not have been all "United" along the way, but we are now.

Now its upwards and onwards, we will never forget what we have been put through but our love for our club won in the end.

I salute you all and everybody that kept us going along the way x
Absolutely agree with this

Would be nice to have memorial wall at the ground as I recall there was plans for one at FF
I for one would certainly contribute towards it to ensure all the people we have lost and never lived to see this day will be remembered

£38m is easy to come up with as the accounts show the club lost somewhere between £1.5m-£2m each year of RM’s tenure.

That’s now an amount that the Consortium will need to fund each year until they have us back at break even.

I think there are **some** cost savings (the legal fees are astronomical and are almost entirely racked up by misrunning the club; not having to pay penalties for late payment etc) and there is potentially some growth in income to be had (e.g. boost in season ticket sales, more sponsors, better food and drink etc) but I think we’re still looking at seven figure losses for the next couple of years and that doesn’t factor in the need for capital investments.
I guess £10m of that is accrued rent payments - but saying that do I remember Ron writing off some of this a few years back? Or am I dreaming that?

CBRE have a charge for £38m.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Without building anything, what on earth has RM spent £38m on?

Would years and years of fees for associated property development work and legal fees etc, for RH and FF really come to that much?
YB or someone can correct me but , he ‘bought the stadium for approx £4million’ and then has borrowed against it ever since. Nice work if you can get it.

Back