• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is now the time to ramp up the pressure with further protests?

Is now the time to ramp up the pressure with further protests?

• Yes

Votes: 76 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 64 41.6%
  • Bart

Votes: 14 9.1%

• Total voters
What a ridiculous post.

Would stan, John still etc be at the club had protests not taken place at home to Chesterfield? No

Would Ron be selling now if protest had not continued to the point where his own family pushed for him to sell? Unlikely

That fact remains. The club isn't as of yet sold and we must do all within our power to make sure it does get sold.

If we start next season with Ron at the helm, and that is a big IF knowing we only got a stay of execution based on potential sale, we are very likely to be wound up or at the very least be unable to sign a single player and forced to plug holes with kids.

But yeah let's pretend that protesting has had zero effect.
Ridiculous from your viewpoint but then from my stance it's a word I would use to describe the protests. You can huff all the hot air you like and ridicule my opinion but protests have gone on for decades and thus proven not to be effective. Ron wants or needs out or he is plotting some other dastardly course through these choppy times but he ain't losing a wink of sleep because of protests.

Ridiculous from your viewpoint but then from my stance it's a word I would use to describe the protests. You can huff all the hot air you like and ridicule my opinion but protests have gone on for decades and thus proven not to be effective. Ron wants or needs out or he is plotting some other dastardly course through these choppy times but he ain't losing a wink of sleep because of protests.
Protests have worked before at the right time. RM hates any bad press against him. IMO that is not now whilst negotiations are still going on with buyers. Upsetting any Apple cart atm is not the fans job,it might work against us, we just hope for the right outcome and RM gets out of the club. If that fails and somehow he retains a grasp on us then i think then they should be ramped up.

I can't wait for a takeover to be complete and the new owners to do something some fans don't like so people can organise protests outside their homes/offices. :Winking2:

I can't wait for a takeover to be complete and the new owners to do something some fans don't like so people can organise protests outside their homes/offices. :Winking2:
Have you been on the Moon for the past 5 seasons as we have tumbled down the leagues into the NL with ever increasing debt and the team and staff treated disgustingly. You have always been kind of pro Ron on here or always defended him. Why is that?

What a ridiculous post.

Would stan, John still etc be at the club had protests not taken place at home to Chesterfield? No

Apparently yes. I understand Brown was basically fired on the final whistle but it had already been decided that if we lost he was out. The players then did their bit.

A second half protest won’t have changed that decision one bit (I think the growing discontent contributed to it though).

Would Ron be selling now if protest had not continued to the point where his own family pushed for him to sell? Unlikely

The tipping point for Ron was him running out of money and Martin Dawn (Leckhampton) being wound up. Previously he’d always been able to rustle up enough borrowing at the last minute. This time he failed to raise enough working capital to save MD Leckhampton or for SUFC to pay off our next tax bill and saw the writing on the wall.

Within a couple of weeks of that he’d appointed agents to sell the club.

So it was either him being on the verge of losing it all or some protests.

The rumour of Ron lining up investment to stay on board led me to vote yes here. If there’s even a 10% chance he takes that over an acceptable offer to be bought out then we need him and those in his ear to know just how bad things will get if he stays on.

I agree with the sentiment that there’s nothing wrong with lining up a plan B should Kimura pull out, what we don’t know is if Ron’s moved it to plan A. I’m not ITK at all, but that’s what concerns me, even if it’s a small chance.

Once whatever deal is announced it will be too late.

'Would Ron be selling now if protest had not continued to the point where his own family pushed for him to sell? Unlikely'

In your view unlikely. In my view the pretests are irrelevant and we have the reached the present situation only because seemingly Ron has run out of money. If Ron suddenly came into a pile and was able to fund the club he would stay regardless of whatever protests anyone was to organise.

My opinion and I might be totally wrong.

All actions have consequences, and, not all are intended. If negotiations have reached a sensitive stage and patience on both sides is being tested might the sight of five hundred protesters swarming over Ron's home have the potential buyers decide to pulll out because acquring the club is just too much trouble? Ron next week being followed by the new owners next year would certainly give me food for thought. Your protest might well persuade Ron that yes he has to sell only to discover that said protests had extinguished the interest from all potential buyers.

I would also suggest that perhaps while the potential buyer is engaged in sensitive negotiations if you really want rid of Ron this might not be the best time to remind people of football's 'dark side'

As always I respect other opinions.

Have you been on the Moon for the past 5 seasons as we have tumbled down the leagues into the NL with ever increasing debt and the team and staff treated disgustingly. You have always been kind of pro Ron on here or always defended him. Why is that?
Yes the past few years have been shocking and I completely agree Ron has treated people badly over that period.

Sorry I don't follow the every single thing that has ever gone wrong is Ron faults, sometimes a balanced view is needed, and in your eyes that must make me a Ron fan.

Just because information is being deliberately leaked by the potential new owners, who are under a NDA, to get this sort of reaction doesn't mean it true. For all we know they have been dealing with the company selling on his behalf, not Ron directly, and it's them that are being slow to pass on information but that doesn't suit peoples narrative.

Maybe I should just follow the new potential owners blindly like yourself without knowing anything about what they planning or even how they plan to buy the club and repay the money used to do it.

I don’t mean in general terms. I mean specifically with this transaction. No one knows at what stage the deal is at, whether there is a hold up or whether things are progressing on a timeline they haven’t made public knowledge.

That doesn’t make me delusional, just realistic. There are people on this board that seem to think you can buy a football club quicker than you can buy a terraced house. That’s delusional.
I'd put a huge amount of money that Ron has been a nightmare to deal with during this whole thing, bet the new potential owners and the people dealing with the sell can't wait to see the back of him. Never under-estimate the man and what his ego can/will do to us.

This guy....jeez. Can't believe there's still some many Ron lovers out there. Makes you wonder what's happened to them in their lives to be so pathetic. Seems Shrimperzone is full of them though. I remember all the times people have a go at me because I've predicted nearly everything that's gone wrong at the club and always being called negative. Well I'd rather be negative than have my head in the clouds.

I'd put a huge amount of money that Ron has been a nightmare to deal with during this whole thing, bet the new potential owners and the people dealing with the sell can't wait to see the back of him. Never under-estimate the man and what his ego can/will do to us.
Yeah and you’d probably win some money if someone took that bet. My point was that people are talking on here like they’ve been sat in the room with Ron, Kimura, and both sets of solicitors and know that things are taking ages because Ron’s dragging his feet.

We don’t know that. It could be that they’re waiting for some third party to deliver some analysis of the state of the club or a bunch of jobs need to be completed by Ron at the buyer’s request before purchase. It could be anything.

So me pointing out it might not be Ron doesn’t make me a Ron lover. I can’t wait to see the back of the guy. I’m just sick of reading people talk about assumptions like they’re fact.

Why? Ron is selling! He's got an American sports agency looking for buyers and In talks with kemura group! What u protesting about this time?? Its Not going to make a slight bit of difference unless u mean u would rather dwaynce johnson take over rather then kamura? If so I'll join in.

Yes the past few years have been shocking and I completely agree Ron has treated people badly over that period.

Sorry I don't follow the every single thing that has ever gone wrong is Ron faults, sometimes a balanced view is needed, and in your eyes that must make me a Ron fan.

Just because information is being deliberately leaked by the potential new owners, who are under a NDA, to get this sort of reaction doesn't mean it true. For all we know they have been dealing with the company selling on his behalf, not Ron directly, and it's them that are being slow to pass on information but that doesn't suit peoples narrative.

Maybe I should just follow the new potential owners blindly like yourself without knowing anything about what they planning or even how they plan to buy the club and repay the money used to do it.
Ron is in charge of the club, he owns it , it's failings are down to him alone. How do you know the potential new buyers are leaking things, it could easily be RM or his family to stoke the fires.. Ron is the one who is slowing things or being unattainable.

I am not going in blindly, but nobody can at this time forsee what their plan is .....Ron gone will do me

Last edited:
Yes it's all very frustrating with little news to no news being released meaning we are all in the dark as to what is going on.This leads to speculation running all full speed and no factual information being released.The question is should we have further protests however until we know the full facts then we should wait.Patience is a virtue

Why? Ron is selling! He's got an American sports agency looking for buyers and In talks with kemura group! What u protesting about this time?? Its Not going to make a slight bit of difference unless u mean u would rather dwaynce johnson take over rather then kamura? If so I'll join in.
Kemura and Kamura are interested then too ? There was me thinking it was Kimura we were in negotiations with. Who is dwaynce johnson ?

I purchased a flat last year. No chain and I paid cash. It took 9 months before I finally got the keys. This deal is going to take time.

Back