• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is now the time to ramp up the pressure with further protests?

Is now the time to ramp up the pressure with further protests?

• Yes

Votes: 76 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 64 41.6%
  • Bart

Votes: 14 9.1%

• Total voters
It depends on what outcome you’re expecting.

Let’s say that a full-scale protest could be arranged and executed flawlessly. What would it’s goal be?

- To speed up the takeover?
That’ll be down to the lawyers who are still currently wading through Ron’s tangled web. No amount of protest will achieve that and for our own sakes we shouldn’t encourage or want that process to be done with anything other than the due care and attention it requires.

Even if that process goes past the 12th July and into next season, contrary to what some people think, it’s not the end of the world. The bottom line is, we need this to be done correctly, so it doesn’t bite us on the arse 6-months down the line and we end up in an even worse situation than we are right now.

- To force Ron/The Club/Kimura/A.N. Other to communicate?
The NDA’s would legally prevent this from happening, *unless* the new buyers made it to the point of exclusivity, in which case both parties can then make it public, I think(?) From my understanding, that’s not the case right now. When DD concludes, then there will be a period of discussion for renegotiation or acceptance, along with any other legal bits that need to be completed (as @Yorkshire Blue said, any amendments from the council for planning etc)

- To show displeasure towards Ron?
Yeah, I mean it gives people something to do and allows them to vent their emotions, but I’m not sure what it’ll achieve.

I’m all for protesting when it’s got an achievable goal. I’d say the small protests/marches of last year, along with fans boycotting season tickets has probably helped Ron come to the inevitable conclusion that he must sell the club… although I think that thought had been swimming around his head, long before these events.

We need something to rally behind, and I don’t see a clear objective currently.

Ron has been and will always be a scapegoat whilst at the club and deservedly so. Anyone who thinks otherwise is IMO delusional and not in touch with reality.

Scapegoat isn't the right term.

a
: one that bears the blame for others
b

: one that is the object of irrational hostility

Other than that, and repeatedly calling people who disagree with you delusional, I make you spot on.

Love when people who do nothing mock those that at least try.

Interviewer. BBC Essex:

"So Ron, was was the tipping point for you. When did you make the final decision to sign the paperwork and bring to an end your tenure?"

Ron Martin:

"(Runs his right hand through his hair) I think it's when the 6 young gentleman came to my house and sellotaped some A4 paper to the wall outside my house. I was still undecided at that point until I saw one of the group was wearing a beautiful Stone Island tela Stella from 1995 matched with an impeccable pair of Adidas Dublins from 2010 and I thought to myself, ****, these boys are serious. I grabbed my favourite parker pen and signed straight away"

It depends on what outcome you’re expecting.

Let’s say that a full-scale protest could be arranged and executed flawlessly. What would it’s goal be?

- To speed up the takeover?
That’ll be down to the lawyers who are still currently wading through Ron’s tangled web. No amount of protest will achieve that and for our own sakes we shouldn’t encourage or want that process to be done with anything other than the due care and attention it requires.

Even if that process goes past the 12th July and into next season, contrary to what some people think, it’s not the end of the world. The bottom line is, we need this to be done correctly, so it doesn’t bite us on the arse 6-months down the line and we end up in an even worse situation than we are right now.

- To force Ron/The Club/Kimura/A.N. Other to communicate?
The NDA’s would legally prevent this from happening, *unless* the new buyers made it to the point of exclusivity, in which case both parties can then make it public, I think(?) From my understanding, that’s not the case right now. When DD concludes, then there will be a period of discussion for renegotiation or acceptance, along with any other legal bits that need to be completed (as @Yorkshire Blue said, any amendments from the council for planning etc)

- To show displeasure towards Ron?
Yeah, I mean it gives people something to do and allows them to vent their emotions, but I’m not sure what it’ll achieve.

I’m all for protesting when it’s got an achievable goal. I’d say the small protests/marches of last year, along with fans boycotting season tickets has probably helped Ron come to the inevitable conclusion that he must sell the club… although I think that thought had been swimming around his head, long before these events.

We need something to rally behind, and I don’t see a clear objective currently.
I feel a showing of the hostility of the fan base towards him is enough of an objective.

It’s to stop him ‘allegedly’ punting around from investment in light of serious takeover.

He knew he’d trick us into silence with his talk of sale or investment and twinned with season ending has achieved that goal.

Plus, deadlines being pushed back has eased pressure slightly.

That pressure needs to come back on and the fans can start that IMO

Ron has been and will always be a scapegoat whilst at the club and deservedly so. Anyone who thinks otherwise is IMO delusional and not in touch with reality.
I don’t mean in general terms. I mean specifically with this transaction. No one knows at what stage the deal is at, whether there is a hold up or whether things are progressing on a timeline they haven’t made public knowledge.

That doesn’t make me delusional, just realistic. There are people on this board that seem to think you can buy a football club quicker than you can buy a terraced house. That’s delusional.

Is it worth persisting with the delusion that previous protests have made even the slightest difference? Please feel free to have a group pat on the back session and believe we are in the throes of a sale because of protests. For me, Ron does what Ron wants to do and he doesn't give a monkeys whispy fart about protests.

What a ridiculous post.

Would stan, John still etc be at the club had protests not taken place at home to Chesterfield? No

Would Ron be selling now if protest had not continued to the point where his own family pushed for him to sell? Unlikely

That fact remains. The club isn't as of yet sold and we must do all within our power to make sure it does get sold.

If we start next season with Ron at the helm, and that is a big IF knowing we only got a stay of execution based on potential sale, we are very likely to be wound up or at the very least be unable to sign a single player and forced to plug holes with kids.

But yeah let's pretend that protesting has had zero effect.

No. We’re losing players and losing out on signings but we don’t 100% know what’s going on with the takeover. It is what it is really.

The key dates are the 1st July and the 12th July. Wait until one of them at least

Or wait until the staff resign

No. We’re losing players and losing out on signings but we don’t 100% know what’s going on with the takeover. It is what it is really.

The key dates are the 1st July and the 12th July. Wait until one of them at least

Or wait until the staff resign
I'm not sure we can wait.. kimura could be on the verge of pulling out of a deal.. if it's not done soon I can't see them waiting around for Ron until July 12th

I feel a showing of the hostility of the fan base towards him is enough of an objective.

That’s not an objective, it’s just a show of displeasure.

An objective would be the clear and concise aim to obtaining an outcome that the action would hopefully enable.

Ron is fully aware that we don’t like or want him at our club anymore.

It’s to stop him ‘allegedly’ punting around from investment in light of serious takeover.

Sorry, I don’t think a protest will do that. As much as we might hate the idea, the reality is Ron holds the deeds to the club and can do whatever he wants with it. He’s shown, IMO, a complete an utter lack of care to what we mere fans think, so I see no reason why a protest would change his thinking here.

He knew he’d trick us into silence with his talk of sale or investment and twinned with season ending has achieved that goal.

Not really.

Plus, deadlines being pushed back has eased pressure slightly.

What deadlines?

That pressure needs to come back on and the fans can start that IMO

Pressure for what though? The sale is currently happening. The practices and procedures are currently ongoing. Whether or not they reach a conclusion we all want is still anyone’s guess, but I don’t think Ron will be pressured into selling to who we tell him to.

I'm not sure we can wait.. kimura could be on the verge of pulling out of a deal.. if it's not done soon I can't see them waiting around for Ron until July 12th
All roads point to Ron playing silly buggers. I have no doubt that’s what it is. But we cannot force him to “rush” a sale through. I’m not backing him here but it’s not really got anything to do with us.

Unfortunately all we can do is wait until after info is made public and then make a decision. It’s dog**** I know but that’s the reality

That’s not an objective, it’s just a show of displeasure.

An objective would be the clear and concise aim to obtaining an outcome that the action would hopefully enable.

Ron is fully aware that we don’t like or want him at our club anymore.

Sorry, I don’t think a protest will do that. As much as we might hate the idea, the reality is Ron holds the deeds to the club and can do whatever he wants with it. He’s shown, IMO, a complete an utter lack of care to what we mere fans think, so I see no reason why a protest would change his thinking here.

Not really.

What deadlines?

Pressure for what though? The sale is currently happening. The practices and procedures are currently ongoing. Whether or not they reach a conclusion we all want is still anyone’s guess, but I don’t think Ron will be pressured into selling to who we tell him to.
If what we hear is true and he’s delaying the sale slightly, even if not directly, I think the only people who can sway him are his family. If protests and people hanging about, rightyly or wrongly, is enough to light a fire under him to sell then so be it.

I’ll substitute deadlines for urgent activity to sell to avoid being expelled by NL, losing players etc. it’s no coincidence it’s gone quieter since that immediate pressure from NL or HMRC has dissipated. The first Jackson Instagram of a deal being struck was when all the accounts and paying players deadlines were imminent.

Back