• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Home kit 2023/24 - New Shirts Revealed

£7.20 for delivery to an SS postcode and no international shipping. I can fly to Stansted and get a bus to pick it up for not much more than for them to post it down the road.

I've never understood why sizes vary so much in this modern age. If it's made in Pakistan or China, you have to go two sizes up. Why? Why can't the t shirt firm and the foreign manufacturers stick to the given UK sizes? For example an XL should be a UK XL. That's what's advertised on the label. In the old days you knew what size you were and you were fairly confident it would fit most of the time. Now you have to try on a couple of sizes in the shop, or go through the order online scenario where most times it won't fit.

I've never understood why sizes vary so much in this modern age. If it's made in Pakistan or China, you have to go two sizes up. Why? Why can't the t shirt firm and the foreign manufacturers stick to the given UK sizes? For example an XL should be a UK XL. That's what's advertised on the label. In the old days you knew what size you were and you were fairly confident it would fit most of the time. Now you have to try on a couple of sizes in the shop, or go through the order online scenario where most times it won't fit.
I think we should get rid of the S, M L XL XXL and just put the chest size in (38, 40, 42, 44 etc)

Have to say from the snippet shown not personally a fan of the pattern on the kit, need to see a full top before making judgement fully, but think if thats all over the kit it may look pretty rough. The Trina ing kit with it in the corner looks ok though.

Let me introduce myself first: I'm the guy who was commissioned to design the shirts.

As @GIBBO might have told you already, we went through several options each with a theme of their own. I'll share some of them once the full kits have been released - my personal favourite was sadly not even considered as it was seen as "the wrong blue" from higher up - yes, probably *him*. It was still dark blue, but not the standard navy.

Also, the kits were substantially tweaked by the people at Macron - my designs were a little too high end apparently. Or so I was told. I think you'd have liked them more, or even more, if they were more in line with what I had in my head. Again, I'll show more once you folks have seen the full kit.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back