• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Hartlepool United 0-0 Southend United

Cricko

Zone Owner ⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
Maybe Kev did have a plan to tire them out before bringing on Husin and Bridge and i guess it nearly worked when they went down to 10 men. Nevertheless we were shocking first half with that team set up and the only player that had any spark was Walker.

In the end we should of won the game but for the same old story of missed chances. I guess a point is a point but we have to do much better. I am not sure what Morton is all about and Gubbins is an accident waiting to happen. Stop trying to put square pegs in round holes please Kev.

MOTM for me was Walker with Husin a close second.

Last edited:
Good to see Noor back out there
A couple of chances but otherwise not a great game
We need a couple of signings especially in midfield
Again as last week a point gained

Very poor again, negative tactics against a poor Hartlepool side. Even against 10 men we weren’t much better. Finally started creating some chances in the last 10 minutes and then couldn’t finish a chance if our lives depended on it.

Feel like a broken record but still desperately need some more creative players. Even if we sign two more I think we’re very short compared to other sides this year.

Disappointing start.

An actual poor performance with the only players I couldn't fault being Walker because he ran around like a headless chicken trying to make something out of the nothing he was being given, Husin for his 30 minutes of actually shooting and trying to put the ball in the box instead of passing it back to Colin and Colin...for not cocking up with nothing to do between their 2 attacks.

We have no urgency to advance up the pitch and no attacking threat once it's up there

Well that was a pffffft kinda game.... good point away from home? Or 2 points lost?

Anyway two unbeaten so bring on the Boston 😵‍💫

I love you Kev, but that was really poor. What’s worse is we all called it as soon as we saw the lineup. New signings needed desperately. One or two needed in midfield and another striker as a minimum. I actually think Wes is the biggest miss from last season. That was blunt and toothless from the off.

For two teams who are expected to be up there come the end of the season, that was a really crap advert for the national league.

Back