• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on Kay, he is ****ing terrible

Sorry Scott, I don't agree, I think he's been struggling to play in a **** defence, doesn't mean he is terrible. He wasn't when he played last season, but we've lost that big, experienced CB for him to play alongside, and the quality LB the other side of him - that is the problem. Don't think he's any worse than the rest of the defence.

The gravity of his misdemeanour is irrelevant. He's worsened an already toxic atmosphere in the ever widening split between players & supporters. Older pro's like Cox would know that when you've just been humbled by a team full of part timers, the last thing you do is party like you've won the league.

There is no way back for Lennon in my eyes. With Timlin/Hall and even Mohsni, they put a shift in on the playing field and endeared themselves to the supporters. Lennon should not play in the first team again and come January be sent out on loan or offloaded.
Agree with all but one part of this post. Cox is a bad egg in that dressing room too. Pretending to be injured all of pre season for starters and going behind the managers back straight to the chairman for a coaching role

Sorry Scott, I don't agree, I think he's been struggling to play in a **** defence, doesn't mean he is terrible. He wasn't when he played last season, but we've lost that big, experienced CB for him to play alongside, and the quality LB the other side of him - that is the problem. Don't think he's any worse than the rest of the defence.

He gave the ball away every single time he got on it on Sunday. He cant win a header properly, it always comes off the side of his head. He shanked a clearance into his own face and got blown over by the wind for their goal. He is absolutely horrendous

We have a lot of **** players but he takes the biscuit. A total donkey

Agree with all but one part of this post. Cox is a bad egg in that dressing room too. Pretending to be injured all of pre season for starters and going behind the managers back straight to the chairman for a coaching role

I just used Cox as an example, though I wasn't aware of that.

Oh dear, oh dear. As some of you probably know, we sponsor Harry, and I've always found him to be an affable young man, quieter than some but generally very pleasant.

As a parent, and as someone who used to work in schools, in particular dealing with a lot of "playground/friendship issues", I have learnt over the years that it is not wise to jump to quick conclusions and that the evidence should be weighed up when in possession of the full facts.

I was not on the Zone yesterday so didn't respond on this thread earlier. My take on this (and that's without knowing any further facts) is that I think this is a very ill judged thing to have done but it's not the crime some on here are making it.

I am sure Harry lives in Hornchurch now, I remember talking about it with him when he was wearing that big boot on his foot last season as I was surprised he was allowed to drive. I am also sure that he has some connections with Dover players, from his time at Charlton and Gillingham, so he's arranged to meet mates for a drink after a match.

This is where the guesswork comes in, I am guessing that he was rather later getting back to the area than others were which is why he's in his Southend gear. Obviously he should have gone home and changed or had the foresight to take something to change into - but he's a bloke after all, and I'm not sure how many of you castigating him would have either - but he was probably dropped off by the coach with no means to get home before meeting mates so decided to go straight out.

Whatever happened, Harry has been incredibly naive in thinking going out with the opposition we've just lost to, in club gear would not be found out in this day and age of trial by social media. I know he'd already deactivated his Twitter account because he was getting abused by some on there - as an aside, I know several others who now have protected their accounts on various platforms.

So what is he actually guilty of? Being stupid? Yes, I'd say undoubtedly so. Bringing the club into disrepute? Hmmm....possibly, but ONLY because he's wearing the trackwear. Is it a sackable offence? No. Absolutely not. Blimey, look at some of the stuff former players have done where we've stood by them - I'm thinking particularly favourites such as Michael Timlin and Bilel Mohsni, and others that were well liked like Sean Clohessy and Ryan Hall, plus, of course, Nile Ranger.

I expect disciplinary action internally but that's all.

I think people's judgement on this has been clouded by the inadequacy of the team this season, and the fact that so many think Harry is rubbish anyway. Yes, we're all hurting, but making players sacrificial scapegoats is just counter productive.

I agree with much of this except surely, and its the most basic common sense, he should have immediately agreed a statement apologising to the fans, understanding how it looks and committing himself to the fight. The silence is the most damning thing- I truly wonder sometimes what agents do to earn money (his client is shredding his value and committing a PR disaster)

The rest of the defence didn't disrespect every Southend fan though. Bye bye Harry

I agree with much of this except surely, and its the most basic common sense, he should have immediately agreed a statement apologising to the fans, understanding how it looks and committing himself to the fight. The silence is the most damning thing- I truly wonder sometimes what agents do to earn money (his client is shredding his value and committing a PR disaster)

What's he supposed to do? It broke yesterday evening didn't it? I am sure they will be working on this this morning first thing.

Have Michael Timlin and/or Ryan Hall been mentioned yet? I'm not condoning Lennon's behaviour, which was idiotic, but it's not a sacking offence is it? Yet Timlin, who committed a real crime, was largely backed by fans, and he allegedly assaulted Ben Clarkson too. He should have been sacked.

I trust Sol to sort this out. My guess is he and the club will punish Lennon in a professional manner, whether a fine or freezing him out of the squad, for the time being anyway.

Yes, I have mentioned them, along with Mohsni, Clohessy and Ranger!

What's he supposed to do? It broke yesterday evening didn't it? I am sure they will be working on this this morning first thing.

Sol needs to think of the bigger picture and not isolate himself from the fans at such an early stage in his tenure. He's hardly set the world alight thus far. The fans, on the whole, are angry with HL and standing by him will not go down well.

Sol needs to think of the bigger picture and not isolate himself from the fans at such an early stage in his tenure. He's hardly set the world alight thus far. The fans, on the whole, are angry with HL.

Then the best answer would be for him to be out on the field and winning fans back over with performance.

Isn't that - metaphorically speaking - exactly what any employee would be expected to do once they've had a dressing down from their boss?

Seriously? I know he was injured much of the time but when he did play he was awful, in fact I don't recall us winning a game when he played. He's arguably got even worse this year, if I was picking my all time worst 11 he'd probably be in it.

You do make some valid points regarding his misdemeanor, perhaps he was just very naive, I guess none of us really know. What's really going to matter now is what judgement Sol and Ron make on it.

He gave the ball away every single time he got on it on Sunday. He cant win a header properly, it always comes off the side of his head. He shanked a clearance into his own face and got blown over by the wind for their goal. He is absolutely horrendous

We have a lot of **** players but he takes the biscuit. A total donkey
There is no doubt he is crap lol. Sponsor him or not he is useless.

I think, admittedly, I flew off the handle a bit when I saw the twitter post yesterday.

I have calmed down a bit now and have re-thought the whole situation somewhat.

I don't in all honesty believe that he meant any malice towards the supporters, but I do believe there has been a lot of stupidity on his behalf. I don't think sacking him will solve anything, and it will certainly do nothing to raise morale.

The dire straits that the club are in at the moment have probably amplified this incident to a greater level of 'interest' from supporters, but I don't think a lynch mob mentality is what is needed at the moment, and I'll fully admit that is how I was feeling last night.

An apology is needed from Mr. Lennon, and I am thinking (or hoping) he must be feeling like a right tit at the moment. Perhaps reflecting over an incident like this might even give him a kick up the arse?

Then the best answer would be for him to be out on the field and winning fans back over with performance.

Isn't that - metaphorically speaking - exactly what any employee would be expected to do once they've had a dressing down from their boss?

What is Harry Lennon's win/loss ratio? We wont turn anything around with him on the field

Admittedly, he's not alone on the front but we can start the mass clear out now

Some may be going a bit OTT with this but I have little sympathy. If I felt he had been giving his all despite his limited ability I would have some sympathy but, like a lot of this team, he shows a very low level of desire to win. It was foolish and given the current situation the fans will rip him to shreds if he is anywhere near the 1st team, I think it is over for him here.
Hopefully he learns from it and moves forward in his career by being a good professional on and off the pitch. He is done at this club but he is a young lad who has made a mistake and hopefully can turn thing round with a fresh start.

You know very well that isn't going to happen. He may be a nice lad but he's made a stupid, possibly terminal error. He shouldn't play for the club again for his own sake, for Sol's sake, let alone ours.

Amazing at how bad Lennon is (which he really is) one of England's best ever centre halves picks him over Kiernan and people on this bloody forum still rate Keirnan HAHAHA. One of our worst ever signings. 3 year contract, sky high wages injured for 18 months comes back totally awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back