• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Hardship Fund Update

This is pennies surely to Ron Martin. Why doesn’t he just pay it ffs.

York have confirmed bucket collections have raised just over £1k and their chairman is matching it. Plus they are doing it all again on the game on Tuesday. Amazing effort!
That is amazing. Surely Ron must feel some shame that the chairman of another club is donating to help the staff he hasn't paid.

That is amazing. Surely Ron must feel some shame that the chairman of another club is donating to help the staff he hasn't paid.
I honestly don’t think he gives 2 shiny sh1tes about the club staff.

He must be chuckling smugly that someone else is picking up the wage tab.

He’s scum of the earth in my book..

Last night we surpassed £10k in supporting the wonderful staff at OUR football club. Total is £10,068.

York City raised another £1k not included in this and promise of matching by their chairman 👏 They are holding another bucket collection for us on Tuesday. Other clubs have also mentioned doing the same, it’s heart warming to see other fans stepping in to help. It will be no surprise that the leading donators outside of Southend are people from York & Wrexham.

Bid on David Stockdale shirt currently stands at £600 which will also go to the hardship fund.

We also announced a comedy fundraiser ft Terry Alderton for which is close to raising £1000 already. Shout out to @CRATE for his kind gesture of purchasing 20 tickets.

Details below;

Click here for laughs

We are getting many applications for the fund so still need your help, to help them. Please RT & tag as many people as you can in our social media posts.

There are more ideas and suggestions in the pipeline but if you have any thoughts feel free to reach out.

Thank you for all your support

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a shame one couldnt be given to RM, and say this is what a community does in times of need, turn up and listen to people who are struggling
The man is similar to one of the greatest conmen I had the displeasure to work with a certain Robert Maxwell who had a connection to the club, certain age group will understand.
Like Maxwell when i worked at MGN, the spill is the same, grand gestures whilst shafting many, before the house of cards came tumbling down
Like RM I was always a believer he was the right man for the club but happily admit how wrong I was.

York City Supporters' Trust Official

doroSsntephuu2cgg7uch4l7hl9m54at7201cmim1mih2mfi3mfu3mata02t ·

It's official the buckets will be back out tomorrow for @Shrimperstrust Hardship Fund at our pre-season game with @drfc_official
🪣
Can we beat Saturday?
We stand united with Southend fans #MartinOut
Any Volunteers willing to assist holding buckets we will be meeting outside the club office from 18:15!
If you're unable to attend donate here https://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/.../hardship-fund.../ #ycfc #DRFC

Back