• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Hardship Fund Update

City fan here. When we were on our knees some years ago, the football family embraced us and enabled us to come through. I feel your pain and having just got rid of a mad chairman we empathise with you. There is to be a bucket collection tomorrow at our friendly with Midlesborough, where about 6000 fans will be asked to contribute.
Best wishes my friends

City fan here. When we were on our knees some years ago, the football family embraced us and enabled us to come through. I feel your pain and having just got rid of a mad chairman we empathise with you. There is to be a bucket collection tomorrow at our friendly with Midlesborough, where about 6000 fans will be asked to contribute.
Best wishes my friends
Brilliant!

Best wishes my friends
I wouldn't say we have a mad chairman, but a very greedy, selfish, deceitful one for starters. Some fans liken him to Pinocchio for telling many 'porkies', but that's unfair on Pinocchio as at least he had a conscience.
And as for your fantastic gesture, many thanks.

Best wishes my friends
Wow, thank you, thank you, thank you.
The support of other fans means so much.
WE ARE NOT ALONE.

Anyone else other than Ron Martin would feel embarrassed by these actions. But being a total Narcissist he doesn't give a Sh*t!!
We know he or those close to him (probably even his sons, in between helicopter rides 😡) come on here. They’re well aware of the situation and couldn’t give a damn. The Mandarin Oriental Knightsbridge doesn’t come cheap for wedding receptions either.

Shameless the lot of them.

We know he or those close to him (probably even his sons, in between helicopter rides 😡) come on here. They’re well aware of the situation and couldn’t give a damn. The Mandarin Oriental Knightsbridge doesn’t come cheap for wedding receptions either.

Shameless the lot of them.
You are absolutely right. The fact that RM has consistently failed to fulfill his financial obligations to his employees (non-playing and playing staff) and hamstrung his management team with a ten-month embargo shows that the interests of the club are nowhere near his top priority.

If the club's well-being was his major concern, he would be now negotiating round-the-clock with Kimura to resolve the current impasse. After all, RM accepted Kimura's offer on 2 June and due dilligence was completed by Kimura late June...

I understand these things aren't easy and take a long while to complete but it all comes down to timing.

What is so frustrating is that we could all see the writing on the wall and wanted RM gone 2 / 3 years ago when it was obvious Fossets was his main priority and the football club would be sacrificed along the way if necessary but until March this year he has always insisted "the club is not for sale".

By hanging on till the very last minute it will be amazing now if we do have a club at the end of his tenure and as predicted when he made the announcement this year he can simply say "I tried to sell the club so it's not my fault" but he will still own RH and FF so it's win win on a financial level which is clearly all that matters to him.

In simple terms one man's personal greed, stubbornness and ego has put us in this shambolic and embarrassing position and that is how he will always be remembered now when he could have bowed out gracefully and avoided this whole sorry, disgraceful situation 😡

Last edited:
Back