• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip George Moncur signs on loan for the season

Transfer news
This is a big signing.

For some it’s a big signing as they love the big names.

For COSU it’s a big signing as this will be a substantial wage.

For Maher it’s a big signing as he’s staking a substantial part of his remaining wage budget.

For me it’s a big signing as I think this is likely in time to force a change in how we play as I think we may need to move more away from the press to accommodate him and possibly move from the single pivot to more of a double pivot with Moncur of ahead of them, more of a 3-4-1-2. Interested to hear @ShrimperStats’ views on how he’d fit into our current system.

This is a big signing.

For Maher it’s a big signing as he’s staking a substantial part of his remaining wage budget.

For me it’s a big signing as I think this is likely in time to force a change in how we play as I think we may need to move more away from the press to accommodate him and possibly move from the single pivot to more of a double pivot with Moncur of ahead of them, more of a 3-4-1-2. Interested to hear @ShrimperStats’ views on how he’d fit into our current system.
Sounds like a big signing

This is a big signing.

A double pivot of Husin and Miley has looked good on the few occasions we've deployed it.

If we can get him fit he's a very good player for this level. I understand he was out of favour at Borient, due to his lack of fitness. Apparently, he likes his food a bit too much. If we block the entrances to the Mc'ds drive-thru at The Fortune of War and the KFC at Progress Rd, we'll have one hell of a player. Great signing !

Great signing on paper at least , if we can 80% of his best with us he will be smashing it up in this division

Strongest team will be hard to beat at home and is shaping up well

Colin
Ralph
Kensdale
Taylor
gsm
Miley
Husin
Moncur
Bridge
Cardwell
Walker

Subs
Morton
Gubbins
Coker
Wind
Waldron

On paper that looks like a hell of a side and a side that shows significant step up in quality from a side that, avoiding deducted points, would have been safely in the playoffs last year. Wait for transfers has been frustrating at times but getting quality over bodies is the way forward and every signing here is a step up from the body they have replaced.

Looking at his welcome video, it seems he signed yesterday. Smart move to delay the announcement with a game tonight and to disrupt Boston's plans.

Top signing this , Welcome GM i hope you will fall in love with Suthend United and its supporters ,as im sure they will fall in love with you. Has to be the best signing we have made since well you supporters have your thoughts about that ..
But i cant remember a better one since Freddy .

Back