• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Fulham To Bid £1 Million For Gary Hooper

I'm sure we would have a sell-on clause (normal or profit). Around 25% I'd guess which is pretty good it he is sold for £1m. Hodgson is a brilliant manager. This could mean 3 ex-shrimpers in the Premierleague next season (2-3 more loanees).

Have I missed something but what is rumoured to be the problem with Hooper's father?

Have I missed something but what is rumoured to be the problem with Hooper's father?

just that he was quite interfering in terms of Hoopers career and stuff. He's also a big Orient fan and it's rumoured he didn't like Tilly and Southend

just that he was quite interfering in terms of Hoopers career and stuff. He's also a big Orient fan and it's rumoured he didn't like Tilly and Southend

It's always sounded like patronising bollocks to me.

Rumours are circulating that one or more clubs will be making large bids to Scunthorpe for Gary Hooper. Can you confirm that we do have a sell-on clause with Scunthorpe, if so the percentage, and if that is a percentage of the total sale or Scunthorpe 's profit on the sale?
Tom Lister

We always try to incorporate sell-on clauses particularly with younger players and this was the case with Gary Hooper which is 20% and is calculated after first deducting the original sale price i.e. in this instance Scunthorpe United’s profit. We also now have sell-ons with Nicky Bailey and JCR.

Seems to answer that straightforwardly.

Indeed, we all want to see Nicky Bailey vs. McCormack at the hall this season, but I'd much rather see some creative talent on the wing thanks to a cheque received from a Bailey transfer.

Rons Blogg
'Rumours are circulating that one or more clubs will be making large bids to Scunthorpe for Gary Hooper. Can you confirm that we do have a sell-on clause with Scunthorpe, if so the percentage, and if that is a percentage of the total sale or Scunthorpe 's profit on the sale?
Tom Lister

'We always try to incorporate sell-on clauses particularly with younger players and this was the case with Gary Hooper which is 20% and is calculated after first deducting the original sale price i.e. in this instance Scunthorpe United’s profit. We also now have sell-ons with Nicky Bailey and JCR.'

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51325

just heard on sky sports that Hooper should be fit for play off final, so a nice little shop window for him. Lets hope he gets a couple and gets a nice big move..

It seems to me that any money from a potential Hooper sale will go towards the new stadium anyway. I guess it kind of part and parcel of the costs of moving.

It seems to me that any money from a potential Hooper sale will go towards the new stadium anyway. I guess it kind of part and parcel of the costs of moving.

As Chairman Ron has said many times ".....the stadium will be funded by the 'enabling' projects at Roots Hall and Fossets" Any money from a possible sale will be put into the South East Leisure pot and some will be drip fed back to the Football Club.

There is a rumour, and i stress just a rumour, that we are looking at a swap deal for Hooper in exchange for Beckford. Beckford is known to have a soft spot for Scunny and Grayson is a fan of Hooper....

Personally i would be very pleased, can't see it happenong though

There is a rumour, and i stress just a rumour, that we are looking at a swap deal for Hooper in exchange for Beckford. Beckford is known to have a soft spot for Scunny and Grayson is a fan of Hooper....

Personally i would be very pleased, can't see it happenong though

you'd be happy swapping your top scorer for someone with a much worse goals to game record. I know Beckford is a selfish **** who misses more than he scores, but the guy has scored 34 in 41 appearances this season, i think you're ****ing ********!

Back