• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Fulham To Bid £1 Million For Gary Hooper

Core, Scunny don't half get through alot of amazing strikers. They probably would have been in the prem if they managed to keep hold of there star players!

Good luck to the lad if true. Can't see Scunny being happy with just a million though, would be looking to either hold one or get a bit more, with clauses I would have thought.

I think they would be very happy to sell for a mill, especially as their gate last night was just 3,600 for a really crucial game. Makes you wonder how they can compete with the likes of Southend, doesnt it!?

I think they would be very happy to sell for a mill, especially as their gate last night was just 3,600 for a really crucial game. Makes you wonder how they can compete with the likes of Southend, doesnt it!?

2 million for Billy Sharp and 1 million for Martin Paterson may have helped

Personally, I would love to see him at Southend in some capacity advisory/mentoring role when he has had enough at Fulham - he would be a huge assett if as we are led to believe we are going to make a sustained push for the championship and more. I think Tilly could learn a huge amount from him and would also improve him as a manager.
apaprently it is 'normal' for him to run a coaching session with other managers there from lower league (not exactly sure what level) and also top division sides from all over Europe

2 occasions against a League 1 keeper, how is he going to fair in the Premiership against the defences of Man Ure, Liverpool, Chavski and the rest?

That's not a great arguement. For a start that's one more chance than Drogba got against us in the Cup this season and two more than Rooney got against us a couple of years back.

According to the BBC gossip column this morning:

Coventry are weighing up a £2m move for Scunthorpe striker Gary Hooper. (Daily Star)

The Daily Star is reporting that Coventry is going to bid £2 million for Hooper! Let's hope there is an auction, so that our cut is maximised!

Coventry would make more sence for him to go to, yes Fulham have a good manager and have had a good season but is he really going to push Johnson & Zamora for a start ?

Hooper has proved himself at League 1 & 2. It would make more sence for him to test himself in The Championship, I know he played a few games in the CCC for us but would be interesting to see how he does on a regular basis.

Players that have done well in League 1 that have got moves to Premiership and Championship clubs havent always produced the goods regularly. i.e Eastwood, Sharp, Healy.

i heard a RUMOUR that a very close hooper relative said there was no sell on clause in garys contract!

would such a clause be in hooper's contract or would there be some other separate arrangement between Southend and Scunthorpe as part of original deal between them?

would such a clause be in hooper's contract or would there be some other separate arrangement between Southend and Scunthorpe as part of original deal between them?

there is a thread on here somewhere where someone went to the AGM and took notes. Ron was specifically asked the question of a sell on clause and answeered 20/25%- he wasn't sure hich without referring to paaperwork. I stress that these are not official minutes, but I can't see how anyone could ahve missiunderstood what was said.

the notes are below- but I can't find the actual thread
http://www.theleagueportal.co.uk/th...&t=13101&sid=42cb781b4a1d7b31cae2da73a26f3a98

there is a thread on here somewhere where someone went to the AGM and took notes. Ron was specifically asked the question of a sell on clause and answeered 20/25%- he wasn't sure hich without referring to paaperwork. I stress that these are not official minutes, but I can't see how anyone could ahve missiunderstood what was said.

http://www.theleagueportal.co.uk/th...&t=13101&sid=42cb781b4a1d7b31cae2da73a26f3a98

:stunned: :'(

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=45616&highlight=notes

Question 6

Ever heard of a white lie?

Ever heard of a white lie?

Yes. And that wouldn't be one.

If you are right and Ron let Hooper go for the price he did without a sell-on clause, and then lied to the AGM about it, I think that even the most rose-tinted amongst us would find that deeply worrying, to put it mildly.

Well if he goes to Fulham maybe Clint Dempsey will be able to get him some tickets...

Back