• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know from a reliable source that Freddy has moved back to Essex and both Freddys son and nephew will be joining up with the blues junior sides next season.

Not saying that means he is coming here as really don't know about that.

If, in a number of years if we were to have a team composed of Eastwood's and family, for away games, would that add a new meaning to the concept of travelling fans?

As I put on Twitter:

So Freddy say's it is 60/40 in favour of him staying at #Southend. But as long as he get's a good offer from the club. Oh... #ByeFred

Got to sign him up! I still believe he is a class act. I know people say he looked unfit on his return, but from what I saw (all his home games) he posed more fret than any of our other strikers this season and with a full pre season and regular games he will score shed loads for us next season fingers crossed.

From what I've heard (and not connected to anyone as SUFC) he will be signing for a club within commuting distance of his home/family with Orient being one of the favourites at this stage. I also understand that his agent has also made contact with Col U although no idea whether that is likely to be seriously considered.

He will certainly be our highest paid player but worth it in my opinion if he can get fitter pre season. It would also be a massive publicity coup for Luggy and Ron who havent always been too popular with fans.

"I have no idea what the offer Southend will put to me is, but if it's a good one then I would seriously consider it." With Smiffy here, I'm very much afraid that quote says it all.............we shall see.

"I have no idea what the offer Southend will put to me is, but if it's a good one then I would seriously consider it." With Smiffy here, I'm very much afraid that quote says it all.............we shall see.

I'm sure Eastwood will know what the other players are on and what sort of ball-park he can be expecting. The question for me is whether we think that Paul Sturrock will think that Freddy is worth putting at the top of the wage bracket. Having seen him dumped on the bench for away games, that would be my concern.

£2k a week will put him at the top end here.

Can we afford that and will that be enough?

I don't think so.

Think it's something we all knew already, but it's good to hear from him. That being said, there's still plenty that could go wrong... I just hope the club offer Fred a respectable contract, as an Eastwood with a full pre-season behind him will tear this division apart next year.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back