• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Favourite kit of all time?

What colour way is the best?

• Royal Blue & Yellow

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Royal Blue & Red

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Dark Blue & White

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Navy & Yellow

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
1726239146008.png
I also loved this , only purple one I think club has produced and first charity one? and mine happens to be signed by a big French Footballer some of you may recall, Jean-Yves Mvoto! Played 17 games on loan for us from Sunderland and did very well ( Defender ) Started with Paris Saint Germain and later played in Norway, Poland , Germany and Scotland, with Oldham ,Barnsley and Leyton Orient

View attachment 33920
I also loved this , only purple one I think club has produced and first charity one? and mine happens to be signed by a big French Footballer some of you may recall, Jean-Yves Mvoto! Played 17 games on loan for us from Sunderland and did very well ( Defender ) Started with Paris Saint Germain and later played in Norway, Poland , Germany and Scotland, with Oldham ,Barnsley and Leyton Orient
Mine is signed by Franck Moussa, who scored 2 in a 3-0 win. The other scored by Scott Spencer.
You're quite right, we had to get permission from the EFL to change our strip. It was a Rotary charity to try to end polio.

I love the goalkeeper one, I looked for it recently... the shorts are on Vinted for £40 at the moment, but the top is nowhere to be found.

Anything with Hi-Tec on gets my vote seeing as though they were started in Southend.

I actually think last years was the best of modern times.

I'll also give a special shout out to 94/95 seeing as though I don't think it's been mentioned yet:

View attachment 33912
Holds a special place, that. Was my first ever shirt (still got it somewhere). Can't work out whether it's genuinely a thing of beauty or if it's just nostalgia that makes me love it!

Loved that shirt as well...but what made that shirt even better was the players who played in them.
IMO,the most entertaining Southend team ever....in fact i would go as far as to write that Southend team,then, could beat this Scotland team now
That's hardly anything to boast about.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I think the second kit was our second season back in L1 after our most recent championship season.. we may have even made the play offs in it - or just missed out.

Agree though, one of our best in recent (ish) years.

My memory is hazy, but you may be correct indeed.

Not necessarily my favourite but the 88-90 Spall kit with Firholm as sponsors is one of the more underrated kits. It’s a very clean kit but the diagonal shaded stripes give it a bit of detail and above all it’s a distinctively Southend kit.

The Beaver 91-92 is a classic as is the Beaver Elonex 92-94. We then went through a dodgy patch with the nadir of the double relegation monstrosity before recovering during the Nike insure and go era. More recently the Hummel kits were great.

For away kits I’ve generally been a fan of either white or pale blue kits.

View attachment 33930
This is my favourite... the 1965 kit. Never saw it live as didn't start supporting until 1969 but it's fab. I know there's a remake of it but it's not quite the same.
I actually have got a piece of one of those brilliant shirts framed, it measures approx 10" x 8" with a number 5 on it and was worn back in the day by our then centre half Peter Watson (RIP) It was kindly given to me a few years ago by former Shrimper Dave Barnett who use to wear the shirt in training back in the late 60's, early 70's.

Back