• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Favourite kit of all time?

What colour way is the best?

• Royal Blue & Yellow

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Royal Blue & Red

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Dark Blue & White

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Navy & Yellow

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
@OpenFC you should have a poll at the start.

What colourway fans love the most

I'm an 80s baby, royal blue and yellow for me.

You get the grumpy 60s lot - who hate yellow want red

Or u a 00s kid, dark blue n white, nike template hell days.

I would like us to move away from white socks. As this was a Ron fettish.

I'm a big fan of the current home kit colours - just be nice to have the same shade of poxy blue going through out the kit - same as away! Lazy Macron.

If we get Umbro we have the best kits ever! I'm getting excited just thinking about it

Roycey’s goalkeeper shirt from 95/96. It’s a psychadellic work of art. Like one of those old fashioned, patterned carpets you’d find in old people’s houses.

View attachment 33896

I know it’s trendy to love the kits from the 60’s and 90’s, but I’d say this one has grown on me more and more since 08/09. A simply brilliant home shirt.

View attachment 33898

Fun trivia, I think we wore both these kits in relegation seasons, so whilst looking stunning, they weren’t much luck.

Come to think of it, we were relegated with the Hummel kit & of course the custard splat. Something about nice kits and bad seasons seem to go hand in hand for us.

I love the goalkeeper one, I looked for it recently... the shorts are on Vinted for £40 at the moment, but the top is nowhere to be found.

Anything with Hi-Tec on gets my vote seeing as though they were started in Southend.

I actually think last years was the best of modern times.

I'll also give a special shout out to 94/95 seeing as though I don't think it's been mentioned yet:

1726214378504.png

The fabled white "3rd kit" version of this was the best, in my opinion. I only ever saw it once, at an away game at Priestfield (although I think the opposition was BHA) and then it never surfaced again.

One grey sleeve and one orange/red one. Sounds dodgy but looked really good.
I know the one you mean. Also worn at Peterborough that season. Someone on here has it!

Roycey’s goalkeeper shirt from 95/96. It’s a psychadellic work of art. Like one of those old fashioned, patterned carpets you’d find in old people’s houses.

View attachment 33896

I know it’s trendy to love the kits from the 60’s and 90’s, but I’d say this one has grown on me more and more since 08/09. A simply brilliant home shirt.

View attachment 33898

Fun trivia, I think we wore both these kits in relegation seasons, so whilst looking stunning, they weren’t much luck.

Come to think of it, we were relegated with the Hummel kit & of course the custard splat. Something about nice kits and bad seasons seem to go hand in hand for us.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I think the second kit was our second season back in L1 after our most recent championship season.. we may have even made the play offs in it - or just missed out.

Agree though, one of our best in recent (ish) years.

Back