• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings England v Switzerland EUFA Euros Quarter Final 17:00hrs ko.

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
This is where we miss Sterling or even Rashford.

And have the third highest amount of possession?
I get it and I also get the fact that we topped the group and are two games away from the final. However defending a lead against the likes of Switzerland, Spain ( and lest we forget Italy) is not the same as doing so against teams we faced in the group.

Maxing out on possession is good if you can turn that into goals. We appear to be stifling our clear talent. Just unleash them!

No issue with a back 3 for me, if they go down that route. I like it and think it would fit well with how England want to play, just like it does with SUFC.

Question is how do they set up in front of that 3?

I'd go 352. I think Watkins will aid our press.

Pickford
Walker Stones Konsa
TAA Rice Bellingham Mainoo Saka
Watkins Kane

If it's not working, can easily pivot to a 3421, bringing Foden/Palmer on for Watkins/Kane, and have Foden/Palmer and Bellingham both in a number 10 role.

Or a 343 with Foden/Gordon/Palmer on for Rice/Bellingham.

Is there any news on the fitness of Luke Shaw? His cultured left foot has been badly missed in my book/

Pickford

Walker Stones Konsa

Rice Bellingham

Palmer
Foden Eze/Gordon

Kane Toney

For me we have had very little in the way of creativity or fluidity from back to front, with Pickford pumping balls forward more than ive ever seen a English keeper do at a tournament - Kane doesn;t look fit to me but id prefer to judge him with a strike partner up top with him.

Looking at the Dutch and Spain who had bundles of pace and a williness to run and beat a player in the final third , i would love to see us go for it like above, Jude is a proper athlete and i feel can cover both boxes even though he's starting position is a little deeper

Play safe / stink the place out and hope that the players can find a spark and a plan B and C when needed or go for it and see if the Swiss can match us player for player

Shaw has been the biggest miss of the tournament- you wonder why Southgate didnt take Chilwell instead of someone like Dunk who clearly isnt going to play. Trippier is a good defender but not a left back. I suspect as Shaw hasnt even come on for a few minutes as a sub and hasnt played for months that he wont take part in the tournament.

Back