• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings England v Slovakia 30th Jun2024 17:00hrs ko.

What will the result be?

• Total voters
So on we go to the quarter finals and Switzerland. You just never know what will happen when this England team are on the pitch. Complete dross from the team for most of the match then up pops Bellingham and Harry. Best part of the game for me was half time with a wagyu burger in a ciabatta roll and skinny fries, washed down with a few cans of Peroni.:Thumbs up:

Still, we now have yet another match to build some more abuse and fury to wards the team.

I must be watching the wrong tournament. England favourites again at 7/2. Germany 4/1, Spain 9/2 and France 6/1. Don't forget we didn't get a shot on target until the 95th minute.
There's only one team I would want to be on money wise, and that's Germany. But I can't bring myself to back against England.

So on we go to the quarter finals and Switzerland. You just never know what will happen when England are on the pitch. Complete dross from the team for most of the match then up pops Bellingham and Harry.

Still, we now have yet another match to build some more abuse and fury to wards the team.
The managers done that to himself. Until Bellingham saved him he was signing his own death warrant on live tv with his tactics and subs.

We’ve got through but that was woeful.

I must be watching the wrong tournament. England favourites again at 7/2. Germany 4/1, Spain 9/2 and France 6/1. Don't forget we didn't get a shot on target until the 95th minute.
There's only one team I would want to be on money wise, and that's Germany. But I can't bring myself to back against England.
England will always be one of the favourites because they'll be heavily backed. The bookies would go bankrupt if England won and the bookies had them at 12/1.

As Rudyard Kippling said:

"If you can keep your head when all about you
are losing there's and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;"

Last edited:
Did not even cheer for either England goal. I had no emotion, really weird. Normally i'd be going mental scoring at the death. Maybe the last few years of supporting the Blues is causing me to just hate football!🤣

The way they are celebrating is embarrassing. Should think themselves lucky they’ve got through.

Feel for Slovakia they genuinely were the better team and nipped at the last minute.

Need to seriously change things if we want to progress.

The way they are celebrating is embarrassing. Should think themselves lucky they’ve got through.

Feel for Slovakia they genuinely were the better team and nipped at the last minute.

However bad we were, I disagree that Slovakia were the better team. We were far better than them even though we were poor.

I don’t feel for Slovakia one bit, dirty tactics along with time wasting when 1-0 up, ref was even poor, still it’s hard to say England deserved it when they didn’t, neither do Slovakia deserve this as I don’t think they did enough.

Back