• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings England 1 - 1 Switzerland (England win on pens 5-3) - UEFA Euro 2024 - Quarter Final 6 July

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know you're family so have to jump in with some sort of defence to Barna/TUIB but he comes across to me more like a grumpy old git that would rather see us lose to be 'proven' right with the constant negative comments, no offense intended. And "FWIW" to coin a phrase, I half agree that Spain look like slight favourites in what has been a pretty poor tournament overall quality wise. Going to be an interesting tie against France with all the suspensions Spain have.
Yes indeed - despite Spain having the best form of all teams in this tournament, who knows how it will pan out here? Despite not setting the tourno alight, France are still difficult to beat and I wouldn't be surprised if their greater experience sees them through to the final.

No I predicied England would qualify from their grpup and then get knocked out by the first decent team they played.:You're righr though --Holland are a better team-at least they've got 1 decent performance tp their name. :Winking:
Our decent performance might be still to come, who knows. Or we could do a Greece 2004 and scrape wins all the way to the title against the so called favourites. I'd say Slovakia and Switzerland were fairly 'decent' teams but sure, Netherlands are traditionally more of a heavyweight so let's see if we can keep our nerve against them. Look I didn't expect us to go past the group stages so this is a bonus. I certainly won't be smug or happy if we go out, unlike some.

No I predicied England would qualify from their grpup and then get knocked out by the first decent team they played.:You're righr though --Holland are a better team-at least they've got 1 decent performance tp their name. :Winking:
If I were you Barna I'd get your keyboard checked out. It seems to have some problems.

Switzerland had good performances against both Germany and Italy before being knocked out by England.

Switzerland had good performances against both Germany and Italy before being knocked out by England.
Yes indeed - despite Spain having the best form of all teams in this tournament, who knows how it will pan out here? Despite not setting the tourno alight, France are still difficult to beat and I wouldn't be surprised if their greater experience sees them through to the final.
I would.

Back