• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings England 1 - 1 Switzerland (England win on pens 5-3) - UEFA Euro 2024 - Quarter Final 6 July

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Genuine question and one for GS, does he use Kane as a sub, as I feel he has no impact and my guess his back is worse than letting on
Big big call, but Toney is a big lump that causes problems and we know under pressure he can slot away a spot kick
Your damned if you do and damned if you don’t situation

Genuine question and one for GS, does he use Kane as a sub, as I feel he has no impact and my guess his back is worse than letting on
Big big call, but Toney is a big lump that causes problems and we know under pressure he can slot away a spot kick
Your damned if you do and damned if you don’t situation
Neither looked great to me, Kane does a bit more defensively at least but I'd be tempted to try Watkins instead.

It's interesting to me, that after all the strange matches and scores in this tournament, the four heavyweights have made the semi finals.

Just got back to my Hotel. Once again a bit subdued atmosphere from the England fans until we scored. The style of play obviously doesn't help, but quite a few England fans shouting we are rubbish, get lost Southgate etc.
Anyway going home tomorrow, back out again on Tuesday for semi-final back home on Thursday, then back out again on Sunday for the final.
I will have been to 9 matches and 6 different grounds altogether.

Apart from Belgium Germany, Italy and Portugal.
Disagree. Germany are not what they once were, and havent been for some time. Belgium never show up at tournaments, regardless of how good their squad is. Italy didn't even qualify for the World Cup. You could probably make a case for Portugal, but they are carried by a handful of exceptional players.

I've also just looked at the world rankings. Germany are 16th, Italy are 10th. Belgium are inexplicably still 3rd. Portugal are 6th. I think that backs up my argument. I would argue that anyone who thinks they are heavyweights is doing so based on reputation not reality.

Last edited:
Just got back to my Hotel. Once again a bit subdued atmosphere from the England fans until we scored. The style of play obviously doesn't help, but quite a few England fans shouting we are rubbish, get lost Southgate etc.
Anyway going home tomorrow, back out again on Tuesday for semi-final back home on Thursday, then back out again on Sunday for the final.
I will have been to 9 matches and 6 different grounds altogether.
I think people confuse a conservative style with playing badly.

Last edited:
To be fair, TUIB would like England to win (as from a previous post but can't reference it just at the moment) - it's just that he's not as hopeful as some of us.
I know you're family so have to jump in with some sort of defence to Barna/TUIB but he comes across to me more like a grumpy old git that would rather see us lose to be 'proven' right with the constant negative comments, no offense intended. And "FWIW" to coin a phrase, I half agree that Spain look like slight favourites in what has been a pretty poor tournament overall quality wise. Going to be an interesting tie against France with all the suspensions Spain have.

You’ve not exactly been spot on so far. Just predict an England defeat every time we play. Let me guess, Netherlands are a “better team”
No I predicied England would qualify from their grpup and then get knocked out by the first decent team they played.:You're righr though --Holland are a better team-at least they've got 1 decent performance tp their name. :Winking:

Last edited:
Back