• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings England 0 - 0 Slovenia - UEFA Euro 2024 - Group Stage 25 June

Ref’s had a pretty poor game, very inconsistent with the yellow cards and easily duped by Slovenian play-acting..

It is undeniable we have gone backwards from the last few years.

And the wet blanket can spare me with talk of missing a fringe Wet Ham player, it’s his ‘defence at all costs’ bull**** which have stunted this team of quality players.

Slovenia & Serbia. 180+ minutes of football and we scored one solitary goal. It speaks volumes

Look at it this way lads, we'll have yet another 90 plus minutes to suffer on Sunday simply because we won the group.

Being an eternal optimist I'm hoping beyond hope that our performance will improve to the point when we become worth watching. You never know, the likes of Palmer may even start. I hope we improve as I'm really worried about @GBJ's inability to throw any more fresh insults during 90 minutes :Winking:. (although I'm probably worrying unnecessarily there).

Last edited:
Better second half,thats not hard.But didnt really look like we would score.
Thank God Southgate does not understand German...coz they cannot understand his tactics.
Really being slaughtered again. Maybe it will be Holland next,then we are out

The big pro of Gareth Southgate is that he'd coached our players through the youth system so he understood how to get the best out of them. Now that a new crop of players are coming through he doesn't seem to know what to do with them and he's putting square pegs in round holes even though we have obvious fits for the formation. Whatever happens it's time for someone else to take over after the Euros. I'll always be grateful to Southgate for stopping us being a laughing stick that loses to sides like Iceland but I'm very worried if he stays we'll revert to that.

But Southgate was not very good at being manager of the England u-21
His only effort,iirc,got us to the finals as we normally do.
We were one of the favourites...but not only did we not get out of our group,we came bottom

Couldn’t score against a team with a Northampton player in their side. Epic bore. I read an article about child abuse instead and missed TAA being subbed on. That’ll sort it G-bag…

Boring, boring England. It's going to be the same story as every tournament under GS - lucky draw, do the minimum to get through the group as winners, then get knocked out by the first good team we play.

Unless we miraculously improve a lot in the rest of the tournament, Southgate has to go. The players' body language doesn't look great to me, I think they probably sense his time is up.

Also, is there a quieter captain than Harry Kane?

I think the way he has England playing is a reflection of his personality.....Very dull and boring. I've never seen any Manager of a major football team, give so little instructions from the side line. It's like he's too shy to shout out anything. He may as well replace himself with a cardboard cut out. At least then the players can take charge and play more attacking.

Back