• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Eastleigh 0-1 Southend United F.A. Cup

Morton MOM. Pepple scored through tenacity and pace that Bonne isn’t capable of. Helped by the goalie making a dick of it which was wonderful Karma after the bizarre bounce up restart after a no foul 50/50 with Walker. Second half we dominated and defence was solid though it was difficult to see where a goal would come from. Good day out and great support.

I like Pepple but can’t help wishing it was a shot by Bonne that got fumbled over the line.
I still think Bonne could score a hatful of goals for us,if only Maher could work out a system to create chances.
We can't seriously be blaming Maher or the system for Bonne's lack of any enthusiasm to put any hard work in. Walker ran his socks off for the team, as he always does. Bonne has to do more off the ball. I agree, he obviously has the ability to get the goals, but he's got to do more. He's not showing much intent. Pepple worked tirelessly against Solihull and came on today and made a huge difference too. I think he and Walker will really cause a headache to defenders.

Last edited:
Maher ball ****ing racid but win is win. Maher seriously lacking the ability to altar his tactics! Needs to wise up in that department..... Constantly going for the 3 plus 2 wing backs will only gets you so far. I would like us to play with 4 at the back with gus being the main outlet of those defenders in the attacking phase. We are so negative at times.
And I'm immensely glad that Kev is our first team Coach and not yourself given those views.

Pleasing to keep a clean sheet after recent defensive horror shows from set pieces, and I’ll admit I got it wrong in calling for Collin to be dropped last week. I’m really pleased for him that he performed well.

Bonne on the other hand, I still can’t see anything positive that he adds. I can only presume Kev is persisting hoping he can rediscover some of the form showed previously at this level. I hope Bim starts next week after his winner today. Hoping Walker’s injury isn’t anything too bad as well.

Maher ball ****ing racid but win is win. Maher seriously lacking the ability to altar his tactics! Needs to wise up in that department..... Constantly going for the 3 plus 2 wing backs will only gets you so far. I would like us to play with 4 at the back with gus being the main outlet of those defenders in the attacking phase. We are so negative at

Maher ball ****ing racid but win is win. Maher seriously lacking the ability to altar his tactics! Needs to wise up in that department..... Constantly going for the 3 plus 2 wing backs will only gets you so far. I would like us to play with 4 at the back with gus being the main outlet of those defenders in the attacking phase. We are so negative at times.
Some people are never happy. We get a decent result and had to scrap for it . Football is a results business and we got one. There is nothing wrong with the way Kevin wants the team to play, they just have to do it better. It would help if we could field a full strength side and adequately replace Kensdale and Cardwell, but that might be a way off.

We can't seriously he blaming Maher or the system for Bonne's lack of any enthusiasm to put any hard work in. Walker ran his socks off for the team, as he always does. Bonne has to do more off the ball. I agree, he obviously has the ability to get the goals, but he's got to do more. He's not showing much intent. Pepple worked tirelessly against Solihull and came on today and made a huge difference too. I think he and Walker will really cause a headache to defenders.
You couldn’t have been watching when we pumped high balls to him on his own up front,surrounded by huge defenders.

You couldn’t have been watching when we pumped high balls to him on his own up front,surrounded by huge defenders.
Yes I've watched all his games and as I've stated, he has to do more. Walker and Pepple have both shown that desire to work hard. A high functional press can only work if everyone is doing it. It specifically has to be coming from the front players. Unfortunately, in the lower leagues, pumped forward balls happen a lot. The odd side plays lovely crisp football, but even those sides have to battle. We can't be having a player just jogging around.

I reiterate, he has the talent and I was as pleased as anyone when we signed him because of his pedigree, but he does have to work harder. I know I'm not in a minority with that view either. Hopefully, he'll get a goal and things will be different. He's not written off by any means.

Last edited:
Some people are never happy. We get a decent result and had to scrap for it . Football is a results business and we got one. There is nothing wrong with the way Kevin wants the team to play, they just have to do it better. It would help if we could field a full strength side and adequately replace Kensdale and Cardwell, but that might be a way off.
Lol, your only saying that because Southend won...... the football dire but I agree football is results business so win is win.

It's quite right that Kev praises Collin for that save. As it turned out, turning point of the match, because l think it would have made it extremely hard to come back from a goal down today.

However, l hope he also noticed that that chance wasn't created by Eastleigh, but was put on a plate once more to a shoddy piece of play by Husin and him giving the ball away yet again. He has dropped us in it so many times in recent games, through careless play in dangerous positions, but still gets a starting birth game after game.

I hope Noor thanked Collin for bailing him out.

Don't know how Eastleigh lined up, or what tactics they used, but what I do know is that they're not in the FA cup anymore and we are.

Celebrate today's victory and worry about Kev's tactical ability, or otherwise, next week.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back