• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Denmark 1 - 1 England - UEFA Euro 2024 - Group Stage 20 June

Yep, I’ve tried my best to give him the benefit of the doubt (second most successful England manager ever afterall) but I’m now firmly in the camp that if we could replace him between now and next Tuesday (no pun intended) I ****ing would.
And who would you bring with a squad that another manager may not have chosen ?

After the World Cup I felt pretty positive despite us going out, on another day we'd have beaten France with the way we played. After this match all that positivity has evaporated, that was dire.

Kyle Walker "we're top of the group, let's move on".

Didn't want to accept responsibility for that display. That's the typical mentality of this team under Southgate from a top player. He wouldn't be saying that under Pep because he expects better.

That was definitely not the display we were expecting/hoping for. After we scored it was back in the shell and we let Denmark come on to us. The subs helped a bit in the second half and I would start Conor Gallagher for the last group game as he at least gets his foot in, and that would have been Alexander-Arnold's last start if I had my way..

So, some difficult decisions for Mr Southgate, which are urgently needed if we are to go much further in this Tournament. All that said, we still top the group.

That midfield is not a cup winning midfield. Pickford had more touches than Alexander Arnold at the time he went off apparently. Lol, and TAA was in midfield. We have some fantastic players, but the tactics from Southgate are not suited to the attacking players in the team. And once again, sideways, sideways, sideways and back to Jack in the box Pickford, who sometimes gets the pass wrong, and the opposition nick the ball. The rare occasion we ran through the middle with the ball, we looked dangerous. It's so boring to watch, and the system they are asked to play is forcing errors from us, rather than the opposition.

Back