• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2024

John Anderson, sports coach and Gladiators referee

BBC News - Former Gladiators referee John Anderson dies aged 92
Very sad but lived to a real good age.

Will always be a legend of Saturday night TV in the 90s with his iconic line...

"Contender, ready! Gladiator, ready! 3...2...1...<blows whistle>"

RIPGena.Sometimes seems like all the people I used to like are dead or dying.Memento mori I suppose. :Scared:
Made some great indie films with Cassavetes but I also liked her in Tony Rome, some sparky scenes with Sinatra.
Most of my entertainment favourites have gone too, but on a positive note, Eva Marie Saint (On the Waterfront, North by Northwest etc) recently turned 100!

This is a tribute screening to one of the greatest American actors, Gena Rowlands, who sadly passed away on Wednesday.
"Love Streams"
The electric filmmaking genius John Cassavetes and his brilliant wife and collaborator Gena Rowlands give luminous, fragile performances as two closely bound, emotionally wounded souls who reunite after years apart. Exhilarating and risky, mixing sober realism with surreal flourishes, Love Streams is a remarkable film that comes at the viewer in a torrent of beautiful, erratic feeling. This inquiry into the nature of love in all its forms was Cassavetes' last truly personal work.

Sunday 25 August, 19:25 The Garden Cinema, Covent Garden.

Back