• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dagenham & Redbridge 0-2 Southend United

Paul Benson, Dwight Gayle, Jamie Cureton et al, your boys took one hell of a beating today.

Shout out to their number 22.

Haven't seen acting of that calibre since the 4th Rise of the Footsolider film.

Couldn't be prouder of our team.

Tuesday will be a test make no mistake, but let's enjoy tonight.

UTBs

MATCH REPORT: DAGENHAM 0-2 BLUES

Great team effort, superb 1st half, eased off 2nd but Daggers never really threatened. Gonna need back ups, but that's a big IF this IF that happens, but saw enough today, barring any 10pt deductions, to suggest top half of table, based on lack of bodies.

From the Daggers forum:

Southend were a level above us from the 1st whistle to the last and on that evidence, I fancy them to be there or thereabouts in regards to the promotion race.
Taking nothing away from SUFC’s showing though, I expected more from our boys in first home game of the new season, new boys wanting to impress the fans and in a local Derby etc, but pathetic all round barring a few of the defenders.

Apart from Effiong, I really don’t know where the goals are going to come from in this team.
Sydney looked like he could have been a threat when on the ball but for such a lump of a man, he was getting outmuscled by opponents half of his size..... Hardly inspiring for Tuesday

Bloody marvellous day, that squad is really special, the pace and skill levels are just incredible, you’ve got to love the 3 Amigos, and for what it’s worth the fans are different gravy in this league, come on you mighty mighty Shrimpers!!!!!
Oh by the way Martin the rat out!!!!

Well that makes a difference to last week when the game was interupted by clients and closing the stand, at the end of the day, in Toulouse. Watching on a TV screen as opposed to my mobile also helped. Absolutely brillant first half, where we ran rings around them and really deserved to be more than a goal ahead. That's not to say we missed chances. We put the ball in good areas but It just wouldn't go in. In the second-half, understandably, we lost a bit of our precision and intensity. Subs were spot on and don''t Coker and Mooney do the business! Following a rather flat second-half the goal and the build up to It were top drawer. The wonder goal again from Coker took my breath away and was even better than last Saturday's! There isn't a down side to all this but there is a worry and that's probably the same one that everyone else has. With such a small squad and so few in reserve, the knocks and injuries are going to arrive. Martin pay the bloody tax bill, get the embargo of our backs and SELL UP!

From the Daggers forum:

Southend were a level above us from the 1st whistle to the last and on that evidence, I fancy them to be there or thereabouts in regards to the promotion race.
Taking nothing away from SUFC’s showing though, I expected more from our boys in first home game of the new season, new boys wanting to impress the fans and in a local Derby etc, but pathetic all round barring a few of the defenders.

Apart from Effiong, I really don’t know where the goals are going to come from in this team.
Sydney looked like he could have been a threat when on the ball but for such a lump of a man, he was getting outmuscled by opponents half of his size..... Hardly inspiring for Tuesday
"That has to be one of the worst performances I’ve seen in many a year, totally embarrassing in some respects, I hate to say it but the pikeys played us off the park.

Blimey, talk about Pot and Kettle. 😳

Two goals equals just 2 pints don't forget!

Anyway, I think a gallon and a half might be a good few pints to far? :Winking:
Don't forget that was only lunchtime lol.

It's celebration time this evening. pre dinner drinks, an Italian so wine will be involved then onto the town where mini guinesses and long island iced tea will be on the menu amongst many other options.

I love SUFC when they do things like this lol

jingle bells, jingle bells........

Back