• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
31 years old, 2 goals in 18 games for Gillingham and 14 since leaving Hull in 2011.

Not one to get too excited about then....

He's a hard worker, and has decent skill and technique. He used to have pace as well, but lost that with a couple of pretty serious injuries. He's not been prolific but would very much be a valuable squad player.

This makes no sense at all, would rather have seen Holman given a chance

Holman was clearly not deemed good enough, I dont know why you would rather we went with a player the management team didnt think up to the task.

That said I would certainly rather we were looking at more interesting options than Fagan.

He's a hard worker, and has decent skill and technique. He used to have pace as well, but lost that with a couple of pretty serious injuries. He's not been prolific but would very much be a valuable squad player.

Im hoping for players to improve the squad rather than bringing in people to just sit on the bench. Would Fagan offer more than Corr? Goalscoring alone doesn't look like it.

We can't afford to pay wages to a has been to sit on the bench, in fact he hasn't even been looking at his record.

Surely Freddy would have offered more but we let him go, makes no sense.

Holman was clearly not deemed good enough, I dont know why you would rather we went with a player the management team didnt think up to the task.

That said I would certainly rather we were looking at more interesting options than Fagan.
You and I don't know that, the reasons have not been disclosed yet have they ? Maybe he got a more attractive offer from the conference club.

You and I don't know that, the reasons have not been disclosed yet have they ? Maybe he got a more attractive offer from the conference club.

They trialled him and didnt sign him so that to me says we werent interested.

The conference club would have to offer a massive salary for them to be a more attractive option. It does happen on rare occassions (ie Simpson) but the simplest explanation is we simply didnt want him.

Why are people so quick to jump on players backs? Does my head in...

Corr didnt come with a very good goal record, but he's done alright. If we can afford him, Fagan would be a brilliant signing for our level and fits perfectly in a 433, either as a target man or one of the wider positions. Brown knows him inside out, so give the lad a chance eh!?

Because we need to improve the squad, and 2 goals in 18 last season isnt going to improve us.

Im all for giving players a chance, but he is 31, he isnt going to improve.

Fagan would be a brilliant signing for our level and fits perfectly in a 433, either as a target man or one of the wider positions. Brown knows him inside out, so give the lad a chance eh!?

He has already had a season at our level with Bradford. At the end of that season he had his 2 year contract paid up early to leave.

They trialled him and didnt sign him so that to me says we werent interested.

The conference club would have to offer a massive salary for them to be a more attractive option. It does happen on rare occassions (ie Simpson) but the simplest explanation is we simply didnt want him.
Again you're just assuming, you don't know anything like the rest of us. If I were to take a guess I would say RM was unwilling to match what he was offered elsewhere due to being unproven at league 2 level, not saying that's right or wrong if true, but PB has made noises in the press about finances so it wouldn't surprise me if we are looking at the cheapest options first. Holman may have been classed as a cheap option only for PB to find out he had a decent offer that we couldn't match, it happens but as I say nobody knows the truth.

Again you're just assuming, you don't know anything like the rest of us. If I were to take a guess I would say RM was unwilling to match what he was offered elsewhere due to being unproven at league 2 level, not saying that's right or wrong if true, but PB has made noises in the press about finances so it wouldn't surprise me if we are looking at the cheapest options first. Holman may have been classed as a cheap option only for PB to find out he had a decent offer that we couldn't match, it happens but as I say nobody knows the truth.

Im going with the most realistic and likely reason.

We didnt want him.

If we cant afford a non-league player Im not sure why we are trialling the likes of Fagan.

Im going with the most realistic and likely reason.

We didnt want him.

If we cant afford a non-league player Im not sure why we are trialling the likes of Fagan.
Well whatever the truth is unfortuantely as much as it grates to do it I have to agree with mrsblue that we need someone younger and hungry but I don't think we can afford pacey too !!!!

Brown must know him well having managed him at Hull but my concern is none of our current strikers or Fagan have been prolific in recent years, time to take a gamble on someone with potential imo

Its funny , people are saying that his recent history of goals is poor and therefore we shouldnt be excited about this type of player and yet when Eastwood returned a couple of years back, his most recent history of goalscoring then being up there with a Central Defenders, the red carpet was laid out and his signing was being heralded from the roof tops as a master stroke !

I say, if he is trialling (ie Fagan), lets give the bl**dy bloke a chance to prove everyone wrong !

I think if we can get the right service he could be a decent signing. Im more worried that we need more creativity from the centre 3 midfielders.

Its funny , people are saying that his recent history of goals is poor and therefore we shouldnt be excited about this type of player and yet when Eastwood returned a couple of years back, his most recent history of goalscoring then being up there with a Central Defenders, the red carpet was laid out and his signing was being heralded from the roof tops as a master stroke !

I say, if he is trialling (ie Fagan), lets give the bl**dy bloke a chance to prove everyone wrong !

Because Eastwood was a returning legend and had at least been a 20 goal a season scorer at one point.

Fagan has never been prolific.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back