• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Countdown to Armageddon? What’s your prediction for 4th October.

What’s your expectations for 4th October

• We’re doomed, let’s start the Phoenix Club now!

Votes: 38 12.1%
  • It’s the administration game, bye bye 10 points

Votes: 160 51.1%
  • The Aussies will strike last minute and save us

Votes: 36 11.5%
  • Ron will pay the taxman and E.On, and the saga rolls on

Votes: 70 22.4%
  • Ron will have a bang on the head and will find us to the PL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if the leccy will really be switched off?

According to the Citizen’s advice;

Gas and electricity companies cannot cut off your supply unless they have first offered you a range of payment methods to help you pay. They must only disconnect your supply as a last resort and they must give you proper notice first.
A god reliable friend of mine was at Basildon Court last Tues, & spoke to the npower solicitor.
Apparently the guy said a repayment plan was arranged with 'The Rat' in Feb, which surprise, surprise, wasn't honoured.
So alas we've had notice.

A god reliable friend of mine was at Basildon Court last Tues, & spoke to the npower solicitor.
Apparently the guy said a repayment plan was arranged with 'The Rat' in Feb, which surprise, surprise, wasn't honoured.
So alas we've had notice.
Npower's enforcement team said any cutting of power supply would be unlikely to occur on the same day as a warrant being issued, so we might still get away with the game being on for the 3rd October.

Npower's enforcement team said any cutting of power supply would be unlikely to occur on the same day as a warrant being issued, so we might still get away with the game being on for the 3rd October.
Especially as previous cases could over run, & no one will have a clue what time our one is heard?. Might be wrong, but IF the debt isn't paid & npower get the ok to cut us off, would be surprised if they did it that day?.

I wonder if the leccy will really be switched off?

According to the Citizen’s advice;

Gas and electricity companies cannot cut off your supply unless they have first offered you a range of payment methods to help you pay. They must only disconnect your supply as a last resort and they must give you proper notice first.

Maybe Ratty could ask for a pre-payment meter ! LOL!!

Also, your power cannot be disconnected if you;
Are an OAP - Ratty
Have a long-term mental health condition - Ratty
Have severe financial problems - Ratty

So Ratty ? Get on to it!
I think the rules are different for consumers than they are for businesses.

No doubt like the majority a whole gaggle of ‘“ What ifs” have been swirling around my mind. Just when I can see a glimmer of light the brightness is so faint it quickly fades.

The N Power situation unfortunately I now think is the key and I don’t mean just what happens on the 3/10.

The failure to honour the TTP arrangement agreed to in effect get a creditor linked to a WUP of the petition only to treat that same creditor with contempt proves beyond doubt that any sort of promises , any sort of actions are quite simply not worth the paper they are ( in case of RM) not written on.

I said on another thread I am not sure if NPower can rejoin the petition but to a degree they don’t need to for the HMRC to draw reference to the story and if the hearing on 3/10 results in aWarrant being granted then that will be a matter of fact and is indisputable evidence.

Money is the only talk that will sway the hearing on 4/10 in the favour of RM. Promises of jam tomorrow almost certainly will be laughed out of court

No doubt like the majority a whole gaggle of ‘“ What ifs” have been swirling around my mind. Just when I can see a glimmer of light the brightness is so faint it quickly fades.

The N Power situation unfortunately I now think is the key and I don’t mean just what happens on the 3/10.

The failure to honour the TTP arrangement agreed to in effect get a creditor linked to a WUP of the petition only to treat that same creditor with contempt proves beyond doubt that any sort of promises , any sort of actions are quite simply not worth the paper they are ( in case of RM) not written on.

I said on another thread I am not sure if NPower can rejoin the petition but to a degree they don’t need to for the HMRC to draw reference to the story and if the hearing on 3/10 results in aWarrant being granted then that will be a matter of fact and is indisputable evidence.

Money is the only talk that will sway the hearing on 4/10 in the favour of RM. Promises of jam tomorrow almost certainly will be laughed out of court

Yep he just has ro pay off his dues unless the deal is clinched and the new consortium take over and do it as part of the deal. There's no other alternatives apart from virtual extinction.

Which is why the pressure on him must be maintained and ratcheted up further if possible !

I likely won't be able to attend the 3rd in Chelmsford, and train strikes have snowballed any chance I'd have to be in London on the 4th.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back