• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Countdown to Armageddon? What’s your prediction for 4th October.

What’s your expectations for 4th October

• We’re doomed, let’s start the Phoenix Club now!

Votes: 38 12.1%
  • It’s the administration game, bye bye 10 points

Votes: 160 51.1%
  • The Aussies will strike last minute and save us

Votes: 36 11.5%
  • Ron will pay the taxman and E.On, and the saga rolls on

Votes: 70 22.4%
  • Ron will have a bang on the head and will find us to the PL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For any one that knows what’s the latest point we can enter administration or can it be the day before the court hearing.

With Martin at the Arsenal ground yesterday, it will only inflate his image of grandeur. His thoughts would be "this is what I want at Southend". "I would be King of all I survey". What a plonker that man is!

I feel he’ll pay iff HMRC part but not the others. Not sure if that’s even applicable? And we’ll limp on.

Even if he does the club will still get stuffed with another 10 point deduction if we remain in arrears/in debt on other bills.

The moron had the power to get the club sale well on the way to being completed by accepting an offer but his little man ego intervened.

Ron Martin would have been a good fit as a non league referee, his sh!tty attitude reminds me of that copper we had officiating vs York

Even if he does the club will still get stuffed with another 10 point deduction if we remain in arrears/in debt on other bills.

The moron had the power to get the club sale well on the way to being completed by accepting an offer but his little man ego intervened.

Ron Martin would have been a good fit as a non league referee, his sh!tty attitude reminds me of that copper we had officiating vs York
I thought the penalty would only apply to HMRC and football creditors not businesses like Emersons?

I thought the penalty would only apply to HMRC and football creditors not businesses like Emersons?
The NL stipulated all HMRC debt and football creditors included debt had to be paid on time

Then if the WUP still in place ( if they , Emerson’s, haven’t withdrawn) then that really doesn’t make any difference because those 10 points have already happened but potentially other credit ors could join and that undoubtedly would tip matters

It’s the linked HMRC money and any Football Creditors that have to be cleared to avoid sanctions

I think the council and powers to be should seize Roots Hall as a community asset. The current owner has failed, under the fit & proper owners test.

Ron Martin should be FULLY investigated as to money in and out with regards to SUFC!?

He gains from FF and we get back the stadium that rightly belongs to the community and club.
The new owners can then come in and progress the club forward and run it how it should be run.

If Martin does opt for Administration, he will be fully investigated which I don`t think he would want. His tangled net of companies and debt will be his downfall, I believe they would find underhand goings on with money siphoned from SUFC to other Martin assets.

The talk of another adjournment will not happen, the judge was pretty clear on that last time, and unlike Martin doesn`t LIE.

We do not need the can kicking down the road, the rat is cornered this time, time to either sell up or go into administration?

#MartinOut

I reckon The Rat's best option is to pay HMRC and EON . He will find the money from somewhere even though it is something he hasn't wanted to do.

At least this option may get the embargo lifted. Administration would without doubt see us relegated. Another 10 point deduction and a continuation of the Embargo, will test Kevin's loyalty to the absolute limit.

Thought admin was a complete non-starter for... reasons?

But anyways, I'm going last second deal, prob Justin. Ron will just need to get out so will probably accept whats finally on the table before the 4th.

We need the courts permission to enter administration.
Yea dont think you can get the trial, Judge says - "you havent paid, so we are going to wind you up"

Then we go "in that case, we'll have Admin then please!"

I suspect will have to be done well in advance. Also... and this was a few years back I was at a company in admin, dont the debting companies have to "agree" to the admin offer too?

I assume most probably do, as the result is "something" in the £ paid back, rather than £0 if company goes bust... but just a thought. Assume HMRC accept admin, probably happens a lot.

RM has to have something to sell if he's haggling over a price.
No club, and everyone walks away.
Judging by noises off, the chances of getting any approval on FF will be vetoed for whatever reason.
A councils likes its area to have prestige: a football club helps to bring that.
He must be aware the current powers-that-be will help him with FF not one little bit...

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back