• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Countdown to Armageddon? What’s your prediction for 4th October.

What’s your expectations for 4th October

• We’re doomed, let’s start the Phoenix Club now!

Votes: 38 12.1%
  • It’s the administration game, bye bye 10 points

Votes: 160 51.1%
  • The Aussies will strike last minute and save us

Votes: 36 11.5%
  • Ron will pay the taxman and E.On, and the saga rolls on

Votes: 70 22.4%
  • Ron will have a bang on the head and will find us to the PL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
Think we did one of these before the last court hearing.

I’m really anxious and the future of my much beloved source of joy and frustration for the past 40 years is coming to an end.

I do have a glimmer of hope that RM will come to his senses (although I don’t think he has any) and sell the club, or at the very least pay the tax bill and look to do a deal with the consortium.

Realistically I think administration is on the cards. What happens next is anyone’s guess and the anxieties heighten.

Ron, I hate you with all my being. Sell the club you narcissist fool!

What’s your verdict? Where will be come 4th October…

NB: (typo on the 5th option ’fund’ not ‘find’)

Last edited:

I’m really anxious and the future of my much beloved source of joy and frustration for the past 40 years is coming to an end.

I do have a glimmer of hope that RM will come to his senses (although I don’t think he has any) and sell the club, or at the very least pay the tax bill and look to do a deal with the consortium.

Realistically I think administration is on the cards. What happens next is anyone’s guess and the anxieties heighten.

Last game v Oxford City on 3rd October. Hate saying that, but unless someone buys us we are done.

No need. Whichever way it goes, he's got the land. Alpaca farms are in vogue, I believe?

Re: E.On, I reckon Ron will offer to pay them something now and an instalment over time. We won’t get cut off as the amount will be more than they’d get if (and they’ll have guess that one) we go into administration.

After that we’ll be appointed a supplier of last resort by law and our energy costs will go even higher. Madness but that’s what I reckon

Re: E.On, I reckon Ron will offer to pay them something now and an instalment over time. We won’t get cut off as the amount will be more than they’d get if (and they’ll have guess that one) we go into administration.

After that we’ll be appointed a supplier of last resort by law and our energy costs will go even higher. Madness but that’s what I reckon
Don't think that would fly as they've been trying since February

A 3rd kit and a new website teams me this isn't the end.
Anna Firth is still doing everything to get a deal over the line and although it may not be done by 4th October, I feel payment will be made and we will continue.
Owned by who I have no idea
The kit and new website has no bearing on the outcome. You carry on, business as usual. It's if they don't do certain things then you start worrying

I reckon the deal is 95% done, WALLOP!

I think Rees is offering Ron unreasonable proposals that nobody on earth would accept.

Rees either moves his proposals to make sense to Ron last minute or Ron finds the money/a partnership, carries us out of HMRC debt to get out of the embargo, we sign some players on free transfers to finish season in play offs, we go up, stabilise with the EFL £1million per season. Ron's dream lives on.

What reason does Ron have for not being in court on the 4th ....strange comment for him to make . Personal safety could be the possible explanation if the club is finished.Looking like admin is the only other outcome atm

Rons banking on buying Fridays winning Euro Lottery ticket . He will pay all the debts up , redevelope Roots Hall and give it back to the supporters and ride off into the sunset everyones hero .

Simply can’t accept that 117 years of our wonderful club and the 43 years I’ve supported them can be wiped off come the 4/10. Whilst there is hope there is hope surely. Ron’s life will be miserable beyond belief if he folds the club. Administration just doesn’t seem a logical option so my belief is that somehow the council/trust/Justin partnership will somehow save us.

Just can’t think the worse can happen, it’s too heartbreaking and especially after taking part in that march Saturday. It was one of the proudest days as a shrimper as it proved what the club means to the fans and community as one. We are UNITED Southend United and we won’t go without a fight

Unless by some miracle contracts are signed and funds are available, we’re done on 4th October. The judge at the last hearing stated that this upcoming hearing is our final chance.

I hate to be so negative, but I can’t see any other outcome.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back