• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Constantine

Very good news along with KP signing, hopefully this may tempt the others who have been offered contracts and show other prospective players we mean business.

Excellent news, I was very worried about him leaving. Hope Maher also signs, and hopefully negotiations will start soon with Wozza, Nicolau, Flavs and Hunt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ May 11 2004,13:30)]<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>And if you're lazy:</span>

Constantine: "I'd like to stay at Southend"

0,,10444~357770,00.jpg

Southend United striker Leon Constantine is hopeful to be a Blues player next season following a successful campaign for the 26-year-old. The former Millwall front man hit the back of the net 25 times during the season, an achievement he’d like to continue into next season.

“I’ve started contract negotiations for next season,” said Constantine. “Nothing concrete has been offered yet but I’d like to stay at Southend. I really enjoyed last season and to be honest I didn’t want it to end.”

And the gangly striker also stated that no interest had been shown by other clubs. “I’ve not had any offers from other clubs that I know of, my sights are firmly set on playing for Southend United next season and being a part of what I hope will be a successful campaign.”

Constantine finished the season joint top scorer in the league along with Steven MacLean of Third Division strugglers Sc**thorpe United.

“I was disappointed not to win the golden boot award”, said the Hackney born forward. “Although I scored 25 goals it’s only league ones that count towards it and four of mine came in the LDV. But I can’t complain too much, I set myself a target of 15 at the start of the season and score 10 more than that is fantastic.”

Commenting on his impressive tally of strikes Leon was quick to praise his team-mates. “A lot of my success this season has been down to the rest of the guys, they’ve made a lot of the opportunities for me, I’m grateful for that. I’d also like to think though that I’ve worked hard, I just try to cover every blade of grass on the pitch and hope that I can get into good positions as well as creating the chances myself. I just hope next season I can do the same for the supporters of the club who’ve been great towards me.”
What is that giant jelly baby doing in the background
rock.gif

He might like to stay, but i can&#39;t see it happening ...

It&#39;ll come back to haunt him in a David Lee/Carl Hutchins way&#33;

Kev

cool.gif

I will respect him whether he leaves or not - he can only make statements about how he feels about Southend and that he wants to stay&#33; The rest is done to the club - Connie Contract should have been in the bag before the last game of the Season - Its up to Southend whether he goes or stays thats the bottom line, if he goes i reckon you guys should lay the blame at Martins door not Connies...

Back