• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Powell MBE

Well, I would say he was the best player to pull on a Southend shirt.
But to justify that, he was consistently good throughout the 248 games over six years he played for Blues.
Fans will argue there were better players: Stanley Victor Collymore, for example, but he was only here for nine months as a player - and CP won more England caps.
Chris is also a very nice guy. Rarely without a smile, and always ready for a word to fans and friends.
I told him I was a little apprehensive when he came back as boss: We all knew what he was stepping into, but he reckoned he always had a soft spot for Roots Hall and couldn't resist the call.
Well pleased he received this honour.

Last edited:
Really chuffed to hear this news, absolute top man.

Speaking personally if Chris had not raised the prostate cancer campaign while he was at SUFC I would not be around today.

Because of Chris I discovered I had aggressive Prostate Cancer. Fortunately for me I discovered it early enough to survive it. (Did not have any symptoms}

Six years on still here, forever grateful.

Really chuffed to hear this news, absolute top man.

Speaking personally if Chris had not raised the prostate cancer campaign while he was at SUFC I would not be around today.

Because of Chris I discovered I had aggressive Prostate Cancer. Fortunately for me I discovered it early enough to survive it. (Did not have any symptoms}

Six years on still here, forever grateful.
Fantastic post, likewise my Friend💕🦐⚽

Back